Thursday, August 9, 2007

A Day of Tales

Days like today are when I enjoy being a parent the most.

This morning I took this kids with me to have my hair cut.  I don't usually take them unless I know Kent's momma or sister have an appointment around the same time.  That way someone can watch them.  But no one had an appointment today and everyone was busy going back to school or whatever.  So I took them.  I stated to them very clearly several times that they were to sit in the chairs and be still.  They weren't allowed to get up or jump around or run or shout.  Nadda.  So we get there and they did great.  They say quietly and talked to each other and they asked me a few questions along the way.  I was so proud of them.

Jon Kent sang his alphabet to me.  Well most of it.  He gets mixed up around the 'D' and the 'K'.  But after LMNO he does very well.  He has sang it to me several times today.  I'm pretty impressed and proud of him.  He's 2.5 years old so I think it's a pretty amazing thing!  Zoey tried to say her's as well but you could just hear the 'tune' coming from her.  But she will get there.  They are growing and learning so much!

After we got home I decided to fill the kids' pool up and let them swim a bit.  But they didn't have any swim diapers so I looked them both in the eyes and told them clearly that if they wanted to swim they couldn't poop in their swimsuits.  They both seemed to understand so I put their suits on and off to the pool we go.  We had been out there awhile and it was nearing their nap time.  So I was getting ready to get them out.  About that time I see Zoey squatting like she was trying to poop.  I asked her if she had to poopie and she told me yes.  So off we go to the potty.  All along the way I am telling her not to poop!  So I sit her down on the pot and she poops!!!  She was proud too!  Then of course Jon Kent has to sit on it too (he HATES the potty and will totally freeze up if you ask him to go sit on it).  So Jon Kent is sitting there and he makes this face like he is straining trying to poop.  Then he lets out this big sigh and says, "Momma, I just can't.", in the cutest southern accent.  So after this they both go to bed.  After their naps they have lunch and Zoey comes up to me and says she has poopied.  So I check and she hadn't.  But she then says she wanted to go sit on the potty.  So off we go.  I notice while taking off her diaper that she is still dry.  So she sits on the potty and goes pee-pee.  So that is twice in one day that she has used the potty!

As you can see we have been busy here today!  Which is great.  I want both of them out of diapers before this new one arrives.  Hopefully we will reach that goal!

No comments: