Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Just a kiddos update

Where to begin...

I'll start with my eldest.  Jon Kent is 14 months old as of Sunday (15th). He is eating better (thankfully).  Still don't know exactly what is up, although Kent says he has an idea.  Maybe he will enlighten us all by leaving a comment (haha).  ANYWAY, Jon Kent is actually starting to prefer table foods over "baby" food.  He will turn his nose up at almost any jarred food.  He does like the Gerber entrees for now.  But he will always come running if he sees you with a plate from the kitchen.  He is talking more (finally).  He says the originals--mama, dada, baba (bottle, sippy cup), bye-bye.  He also days belly button (he'll point to mine and then I will tell him to point to his and he will), Papa (Kent's daddy), Paw-Paw (Kent's grandfather), Poohba (my daddy), cracker (not real clear, but clear enough to know what he wants), kitty (not clear but we get the idea), hello (now this is sooo cute!  He will pick the phone up or the remote--LOL--and say HELLOOO.  Cracks me up every time!).  I'm sure there are some words that I am forgetting...  He will also point to MY nose and eyes.  All he will point to on himself is his ear.  He is sleeping 10-12 hours straight every night.  In our bed though, but at least it's solid sleeping...  Umm what else...  He is in size 5 diapers but is starting to thin out a bit.  Probably because he doesn't eat AS much and is VERY, VERY, VERY active.  We go for his 15 month check up and shots like the first week in February and also he goes to see his ear doctor the 9th of February.  Lots of doctor appointments in the future.

On to Zoey...

She is 6.4 weeks old.  Her facial features are changing everyday.  She was born looking just like her brother and although she still does some, she is starting to look more like ME everyday...  YESSSSSS!!!  'Bout time I have a kid that looks like me!  She is smiling more and more each day.  She is trying to "talk".  She will get a yell out every now and then when she gets really excited.  She is becoming more alert now as well.  Although she is still sleeping a lot.  I'm not used to having a baby that sleeps like she does.  But I am thankful none the less.  She is sleeping great at night.  A 4-5 hour stretch before a feeding and then another 3-4 hour stretch before the next feeding.  She usually takes a 3-4 hour nap in the mornings and then 2 hour naps in the afternoon.  She nurses great.  Although she is still spitting up a bit, but nothing that was like Jon Kent's spitting up.  Either that or I am just used to it.  It's amazing to believe that I am the only source of "food" for her.  It's a great feeling to know that all the weight she has put on and how she is growing so beautifully is all coming from me.  She won't take a bottle though.  I am (when I say "I am" I mean someone else giving her a bottle) trying to introduce one to her though (breast milk) so that I can leave her if I have to (doctor appointments or what have you).  We'll see how it goes.

In other news that isn't about the babies...

The painters have been at the house.  They have painted the trim, the bedroom doors, and the closet doors.  I believe the walls are next.  But since it has been raining and kind of chilly here, it is taking the paint longer to dry.  So it may take longer than we thought it would for the painters.  Still looking at the first or second week in February as the move in date.  Not really holding my breath though.

On to one of my New Year's resolutions...

I have lost 26 pounds (WOOT-WOOT).  Still have roughly 23 more to go though.  Whew...23 more.  UGH!  Not to mention getting my flabby abs back into shape.  But I am determined to look good in a bathing suit this summer.  Because this will be the first summer in 3--count them THREE--summers that I haven't been pregnant.  So I want to actually wear a "normal" swimsuit!  I'll keep ya posted.

Well, I do believe this is the end of my update!  What an update, eh.  I guess I had a lot to talk about!  So until next time...  I'll talk with yall later!

No comments: