Saturday, February 18, 2006

Flu Knew

Like my spin on words???  Even sick I can have a sense of humor.

 

Kent was sick last weekend with a stomach virus.  He had a fever and his whole body just ached.  Well, Thursday night I noticed that Zoey was feeling really hot.  Took her temp and it was 102.5.  So I call the ped and he sent us to the ER.  So off to Children's we go.  By the time we got there her temp was at almost 103.  They tested her for anything and everything and nothing came back bad.  They just said she had some sort of virus and to just treat the fever with Tylenol and keep her comfortable.  They also told us to follow up her visit to the ER with a doctor's appt for the next afternoon.  Meanwhile, I started coughing while at the ER.  Thought nothing of it because I have had a cold for weeks.  Anyway, Friday morning I get up and feel like I had been hit by a truck.  By the time Zoey's doctor's appt rolled around I felt like crap.  Kent couldn't take off of work because he was out of sick days from when he was sick last weekend.  Everything at the doc's was good.  She still had a fever and he just said to give her Tylenol.  Well last night my parent's kept JK for me so that I could just take care of Zoey and myself.  I started running a fever of 102 and was aching all over.  I am pretty sure Zoey felt the same way as she cried for almost 2 solid hours.  By the time Kent got off of work (midnight) I was done.  He took care of Zoey as much as he could since she is BF'ing still.  She slept finally from 2am-6am.  Which is a lot better than it was.  She was only sleeping about 2 hours at a time.  Today her fever seems to be gone and mine is just a low grade one.  My body still aches and I have had a major headache, but other than that we are doing better.  Hopefully by Monday all this will be a distant memory.  Anyway, that's my update.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope ya'll feel better soon!!!!
Hugss..~Terri~

Anonymous said...

I hope you're feeling better soon...the flu's going around here too (in Germany), not an easy task to take care of yourself when you have 2 little boys and a husband in Iraq.

Keep nursing Zoey, all the antibodies she's getting will be her best defense of all. My Jackson's 2 1/2 and still bf and I've had the flu and my 5 yr old have and he's continued to stay healthy! God knew what he was doing when he gave us the power to feed our little ones!

God Bless
Christy