Thursday, May 10, 2007

A week of swimming

We have been keeping busy around here for the past week.  Last Saturday we went to a thing my city does every year at the park called Sunshine Saturday.  It's always the first Saturday in May.  Before going there we went to the library for a reading hour and activities.  It was a good time and Zoey even won a door prize!  I plan to enroll them in their summer reading program.  It's on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  They will get to meet new kids there and also I'm hoping it will start a foundation of them wanting and liking to read.  They love for me to read to them both during the day so I'm sure they will enjoy it at the library too!  Anyway, after the library we met Kent's parents at the park for Sunshine Saturday.  The kids had a blast!  They rode the airplane ride, played some games, rode the train and Jon Kent slid down the HUGE inflatable slide!  I got a picture of him but it's on Kent's mom's camera.  I'm hoping to get it and I'll post it if I do.  After that we went home and both kids went right down for their naps.  They slept for over 2 hours!  So that was nice.  After they woke up I blew up their pool from last year (tiny, tiny now that they are bigger!) and filled it up.  They had a blast playing in it and sliding down in it.

Several days this week we have also blown up the pool and let them play.  They have had the best time swimming and splashing around.

Today after Jon Kent got his haircut the kids and I ran to Wal-Mart to pick them up a bigger pool.  That other one was just way too small, plus it had a small hole in it.  So I got them a bigger one and some beach balls to play with.  They were sooo excited!  They had the best time in it today.  And a lot of room to lay down and "swim".  They slid down the slide and splash and just carried on and on.  It was so sweet!! 

As you can tell I've gotten some pictures of them from the past week.  So I hope you enjoy them.. and.. GASP!! I'm in a couple of them as well!!  Yall enjoy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are getting me in a summer mood with all of those water baby pictures!  It was 83 degrees here today in IN, but it is still dropping down pretty low at night... they open our pools on Memorial Day... we can't wait!
~Erin

Anonymous said...

I just want to know, what is the deal with the shoes?  
Your wondering Moma!!!!!!!  They are SO precious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Your are one proud mom! Deservingly so. These where wonderful pictures of the babies. (Hugs) Indigo