Thursday, May 3, 2007

May

May is a great month!  Not only is it the start of great weather and the start of many fun summer activities.. it's also the month that we get to celebrate motherhood.  Whether we are mothers or not isn't the point.  It's still a time to reflect on our own mothers and all they have done for us through the years.  The lessons they have taught us, the things they gave up for us, the money they forked out for us that they would have never spent that much on themselves.  I'm slowly coming to the understanding of all my own mother has done for me.. continues to do for me.. as I continue down the path of motherhood myself.  Raising my kids the best I know how.  Making mistakes, learning lessons, teaching lessons, giving up things, spending more on them than myself and enjoying EVERY minute of it!!

Also in this beautiful month, on Mother's Day as well, I'll be celebrating my birthday!!  24 years and still going!  May I have a 100 more to go with it!! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful entry in light of Mother's Day. My own was never one deserving of the title. So to that end I tend to do what I can to be a great mother to my own daughter who has just finished her first year in college and is getting ready to move out on her own. I like to say kids don't come with manuels but mothers come with hearts. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

May is my favorite month, too.  It reminds me of Spring and strawberries.  My mom made me angelfood cakes for my birthday every year on the tenth with fresh strawberries.  Yum!
~Erin