Monday, January 8, 2007

Nicholas Sparks

Right after Jon Kent was born I started really reading again.  I guess I needed something to calm my nerves after he was born and reading did the trick.  I had just seen the movie, "The Notebook" and happened across the book.  It's written by Nicholas Sparks, by the way.  Anyway, after reading the book I immediately picked up every book he has written (except one.. "A Walk to Remember".  For some reason it never interested me).  And over the course of the last two years, I have read them all, minus two (one of which is sitting waiting to be read).  He is a great writer.  I have loved every single one of his books.  He is the only author that I have actually "followed" and wanted to read all the books they have ever written.  He is just that good, at least I think so.  His books are the romantic type.  If you don't like sappy books then you wouldn't like him.  But if you do, then you really need to pick one up and give it a read.  You never can really tell how the book will end or what is going to happen next.  I guess that's why most of his books only took me 2 or 3 days to finish.  And that's with two kids and all that goes along with that.  Anytime I had a break if only for a few minutes, I would always pick the book up just to get a few lines in.  So go find one of his books and let me know what you think!

In other news, Zoey is down to two nursing sessions a day now.  Once before nap time and once before bedtime.  Her nightly sessions have ended.. whew!  She is finally starting to sleep through the night.  Which is great.  Last night she slept from 8:30pm until 7:30am.  I felt like a new woman!  LOL  I know down the road I might miss the cuddles at 2am but I also know that I will see that I nursed her for over a year and VERY few women do that.  So I am proud of that accomplishment.  After the horrible nursing that took place with Jon Kent it was so great to have a great nurser like Zoey.  It has really been a bonding experience and it's something that I will always be proud of doing.

Well, I guess I will go.  I need to wash my face and hit the hay.  Talk with yall later!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have read all of his books, too, over the last few years.  I really enjoyed A Walk to Remember.

Anonymous said...

He is a great writer.  There is a sequal  to "the Notebook" called the wedding.  It is even better than the notebook.