Thursday, January 18, 2007

Potty Time

Well, we are officially potty training around here.  I was a little hesitate starting it, but I figured what the heck.  So we bought JK the Elmo Potty DVD about a week ago and had been letting him watch it.  And then last night we bought him a potty and some pull-ups and some big boy underwear.  This morning he wanted nothing to do with his potty or his pull-ups but I still put the pull-ups on him.  I asked him about every 30 mins or so if he had to potty and he would always arch his back and grunt at me telling me no.  So I put him down for his nap and figured I would just lay off for a week or so.  So I went and cleaned the bathrooms and moved his potty into the hallway so I could mop.  He got up from his nap and was playing and asked where his potty was.  I showed him and then took him and his potty into the bathroom.  He sat down and we were talking and what not and all of a sudden the potty started playing music (it has little sensors or whatever at the bottom so when you pee or poop it plays music) I just figured he moved and somehow set off the sensors but when I went to see, he was peeing!!  I starting dancing and telling him how proud I was of him.  He was sooo proud of himself too.  He said, "Jon Kent potty".  Then he told me to put Zoey on the potty.. lol.  I am hoping she will learn as we go but I'm not going to push her just yet.  Anyway, he peed in the potty!!  YAY!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Jon Kent.  Congrats on going potty! I bet Zoey wont be far behind Jon Kent.
Nicholas is 2 and 1/2 years old and still in diapers. UGH!  he is being soooo stubborn about potty training.  We got him this neat Winnie the pooh potty chair that plays music and makes flushing sounds and what not.  But all he wants to do is play with it like it is a toy.  *sigh*
Hugs,
Angel