Friday, February 2, 2007

From one eye to another

My eye is a lot better now.  The antibiotics that I was on for my sore throat have also taken care of my eye.  And thank goodness for that.  It was getting pretty ugly.  I felt like one ugly little duckling.. let me tell ya.  But it's almost back to normal.  It's just a little bit red.

The kids however have gotten sick.  I actually took them to the doctor yesterday and the doctor gave them both the once over.  Zoey just has a regular common cold.  Jon Kent, however, is a bit more complicated.  The doctor heard some wheezing in his lungs and sent us for a chest x-ray.  It came back clear, thankfully, and he was put on breathing treatments every 4-6 hours.  We did a treatment in the office and she said his lungs sounded instantly better.  So she just sent us home with the pump treatments instead of the 6-7 minute ones.  The pump is an attachment to an asthma type inhaler.  You pump it and they breathe it in through a mask for 6 breaths.  Then wait 30 seconds and do it again.  Jon Kent doesn't care for it but he isn't putting up much of a fight about it anymore.  Anyway, over the night last night Jon Kent started running a fever.  It got as high as 103 before I put a call into his doctor's office this morning.  After playing phone tag and giving me the run around we finally got an appointment for this afternoon to have him rechecked since he did spike a fever.  So we went in and Jon Kent got checked again.  His wheezing was a little worse so he got another treatment in office.  Once again it was better.  So the doctor put Jon Kent on an oral steroid.  To help clear his lungs along with his breathing treatments.  He also noticed an ear infection so he put him on a round of antibiotic for that.  So we come home and get everyone settled for the night.  I start noticing that Jon Kent's eye is runny.  And I get to looking at it and it looks just like mine did before it started swelling up.  So we are keeping an eye on that.  But the antibiotic that he is on now should over that base as well.  -Whew-  We have really been through it lately.  Please say a prayer for us.  I am ready to be over all of this and back to being healthy.  It seems like we have a bout with something every 6 weeks or so.  I'm ready forsummer to get here so we can get outdoors and not be coupe up in the house sharing each other's germs!  Anyway, that's it from my corner of the world.  Talk with yall later!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep nursing Zoey, you still produce antibodies and although she has a common cold, you're keeping her healthier than she would be otherwise!

Hope you all feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your eye is better.
Sorry to hear about Jon Kent and Zoey.  I hope they both are feeling better really soon.
Hugs,
Angel

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about you guys being sick again! eek!  I hear ya on the Summer thing!  It's a great feeling being outside and having fun!

Sending you LOTS of *~*Feel better vibes*~*~
hugs
Dana