Thursday, February 1, 2007

I's a pirate.. I is!

Me hearty!  Anyway, Saturday my throat started hurting.  I figured it was just a dry throat and I would be over it.  Well, yesterday I go to the doctor..  I have swollen glands and congestion.  Thankfully it's all just in my head (phsycially not mentally..lol) and not in my chest.  BUT I got home from the doctor and my left eye started 'running'.  It's like that eye was crying and my other wasn't.  Then it started swelling and swelling and swelling.  I laid down yesterday evening for about 10 minutes and when I tried to open my eye it was matted shut!  What the crap?  I have NEVER, EVER had something like this happen.. EVER!  I'm assuming it's a cold in my eye.  But come on.. is all this necessary?  It looks like Kent just hauled off and socked me a good one!  It was just barely opened when I woke up this morning.  I am keeping a warm wash cloth handy and cleaning it frequently.  I'm on a round of antibiotic for the swollen glands, so I am hoping it will knock this thing out too.  I feel like a pirate with my one eye self..

I can not believe it is February already!  Although now that I think about it January did go by slow.  We have a lot going on in Feb.  We have numerous appointments and birthdays.  And let's not forget Valentine's Day!  I'm looking forward to it just because it means a date night!

Jon Kent is back to his baby ways.  He does not want to sleep in his bed.. period.  He doesn't want to go to sleep in there and he doesn't want to stay in there once he goes to sleep and wakes back up.  For the past 2-3 weeks he has been in our bed.  And for the most part I don't mind, but some nights are horrible with little sleep and lots of kicks in the back and stomach.  I have no idea why he has started doing this.  He was sleeping straight through the night.  And he had been doing that for about 7-8 months now.  I just don't get it.  And we were going to try and play 'tough parents' and try and get him to stay in his bed.  But he has this same cold that I do and it's just hard to be 'tough' when he is sick.  Once we kick this cold we are going to get back into our routine!

Zoey is sick too.  Once one of us gets it we all get it, except Kent.  I have been sick more the past year then I think I have in the past 10 years.  Every month we are battling a cold or a fever or something.  It's starting to wear on me, if I'm to be honest.  Anyway, Zoey is down to one nursing during a 24 hr. period.  It's the one right before bedtime.  I am sure it will disappear soon.  Then we will be done.  Zoey will be 14 months tomorrow so I think we did great with our nursing!

Well, I need to go.  The yougins are done with their breakfasts!  Talk with yall later!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Valentine's Day, too!  I just made the CUTEST Valentine's for our family on shutterfly.com.  It has a collage of their pictures with candy hearts... and they will send them for you, too.  Hope you feel better soon.
~Erin

Anonymous said...

Emily, it sounds like you could have pink eye.  You may need to call the doctor.  Hope everyone is better soon!

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better really soon!
Hugs,
Angel