Saturday, June 23, 2007

Add her to the list

Zoey is sick.  Bleh.  She started running a high fever last night -102.7.  So we put a call into the nurse.  She told us to just treat the fever and if it doesn't get better to put a call in to our pediatrician's office.  So last night the kids went to bed around 9pm.  At 10:21pm Zoey wakes up whining.  By the time I am in there her eyes are closed and she is moving around trying to get comfortable.  So I pat her back for a bit and go back to bed.  This happened off and on every 20, 30 or 45 mins until 2am.  At 2am she did it again and I went in there to check on her again.  She was asleep but wrestling with her covers.  She felt hot but I didn't want to wake her up.  So she finally settled down and I headed back to bed.  At 4am she wakes up and is crying.  So I go in there and she is burning up.  I get Kent to grab the thermometer and the Tylenol.  She was running a fever of over 101 so Kent gave her some Tylenol.  She laid in the bed with us talking and playing until about 4:45am when she started to drift off.  So I took her back to her bed.  She slept from 5am-8am.  She woke up in a better mood but still was running a fever.  So I called her ped's office and they asked us to come in.  So we did.  The doctor did an examine on her and then got a strep throat swab and some blood from her.  She doesn't have strep but she does have a bacterial infection somewhere.  So she is on antibiotics for it.  He said if the fever isn't gone by Monday to bring her back in.  So it seems we are back on the sick wagon for a few more days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww..I sure hope Zoey feels better soon!

Hugs,
Terri