Monday, June 18, 2007

Beach Trip 2007

The trip to the beach went great!!  I was dreading leaving!!  And that rarely happens after spending a whole week gone from home.  But I could have stood to stay a few more days.  I'll try to get in most of the details in my review and try and keep it as short as possible at the same time.

Sunday morning we woke the kids up bright and early at 5am.  They woke up in great moods.  We asked them if they were ready to go to the beach and they both popped up with excitement in their eyes.  The trip down went great.  Neither fussed or got restless.  About half way down we stopped to eat breakfast and to walk around before finishing the end of the drive.  Once we got to our room we unpacked and got our bathing suits on and headed to the beach.  The kids LOVED the sand.  They had a great time playing in the ocean and playing in the sand.  We then went to the pool for a bit.  The condo we stayed at had a kiddie pool area that was just the right size for Jon Kent and Zoey so they both loved it.  Although they both went under on several occasions but managed to deal with it fine.  I about had a couple of heart attacks but after the 100th time I got used to it.  Sunday night we ate at Pineapple Willy's.. it's my favorite place to eat at the beach.  The kids both got their first taste of alligator tails (ick) and they both thought it was chicken.

Monday we headed back to the beach for a bit.  The kids loved it again and we took them out to a sand bar that was about 50 yards or so off the shore.  They loved splashing and playing.  We then headed back to the pool where the kids made some friends and played with all of their toys.  They did well though with sharing so that was good.  After the kids went down for their naps, my brother, his wife, Kent and myself all went parasailing.  I've been before so I knew what to expect but it was everyone else's first time.  As we were waiting on our "shuttle" to come to take us to the boat we were watching other people parasailing.  When we were about to leave for our trip to the boat we all looked up and saw this guy falling from the parasail rope.  Kent immediately freaked out and so did my brother.  I tried telling both of them that it was probably just someone who worked for the parasail people who grabbed the line and rode up 50 feet or so and then let go.  But neither one was listening.  Kent went around asking everyone who worked there what was up but no one knew what he was talking about.  Finally when we got to the boat Kent asked the driver and he told them the same thing I said to them.  So that calmed some nerves.  Kent and I went up and everything was so pretty!  Kent even said it was peaceful.  It was peaceful until Kent got the bright idea to start messing with the hooks that hold us up there.  He got a pretty good laugh out of it, but I sure didn't.

Tuesday we did the beach thing again and the pool thing.  The afternoon was spent sleeping because it rained and stormed the whole afternoon.  But it was so peaceful and we all slept a good 2-3 hours.  It was really nice.

Wednesday was another regular day at the beach.  The kids played in the ocean for a while and played in the sand as well.  They both liked to find seashells and through them into the water.  We also went back to the pool for some more play time with friends.

Thursday was just about the same as Wednesday. 

Friday we did the beach and pool thing in the morning.  The kids went down for a nap so Kent and I went down to see if we could take a ride on the banana boat.  But since the water was so choppy they couldn't just take the two of us out.  I guess we didn't weigh enough.  So we went jet skiing instead.  Kent drove first and it was fun.  Then I got on there and I was doing fine.  Until.. Kent started slipping off and when he did he pulled me back to which I hit the gas even harder.  He was screaming for me to stop and I was screaming that I couldn't because he had me pulled back that I couldn't get my finger to release off the gas.  Finally I some how got it to release so we stopped.  Kent said I was trying to kill him and told me he would never ride with me again..  I still laugh about it when I think about it.  That evening we went back to Pineapple Willy's and this time the kids both ate squid.. calamari.. or whatever... to me it was a baby octopus.. (ick).  After supper the kids, Kent and myself rented an electric golf cart type thing to ride up and down the strip.  The kids loved it.  Kent didn't because it was pink.  He said he felt like he was driving a Mary Kay car.. lol.  But we all had a good time.

Saturday was spent traveling back.  The kids did great again and we got home fairly quickly. 

All in all it was a really good trip and we all had a really good time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun and relaxing trip! Don't let Erin see that Mary Kay comment! lol We are going to Pompano Beach, FL the end of July & I can't wait.  We have a much longer drive than just 5 hours, though, so we'll be stopping 1/2 for a night on the way there and back.  Even though I already told ya, cute pix! :)

Anonymous said...

So did your elderly parents not make the trip?