Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Update on Jon Kent

My little man has an ear infection.  =(  He woke up today fine and didn't have a fever.  But when I went to actually take his temperature in his ear it was bleeding.  So I called the doctor after Jon Kent woke up from his nap and told them what was up.  They asked me to bring him in.  So when we got there the doctor told me that his tube (the one that has been in there almost two years now) finally fell out.  His eardrum was inflamed and the doctor said that when it gets like that the fluid can sometimes cause a small pin size hole in the eardrum and cause it to bleed.  So he put him on some steroid drops and a round of antibiotics for 10 days.  Hopefully that will knock this thing out.  I was worried about him having an infection so soon after the tube fell out and him having to have another set put back in.  But the doctor told me not to worry about that just yet.  That this may just be a fluke.  He said if he has 2 or 3 more in a year or so then we will reconsider our options, but for now it shouldn't be a big deal.  His left ear looked great and it hasn't had a tube in it for about 6 months.  So that is a good sign.

My nephew, Jon Wesley, is in the hospital.  I don't know the full name of it or even how to spell it for that matter, but it's his breathing and his lungs.  He has been in the hospital since yesterday.  And we really don't know when he will be coming home.  I'm hoping it's soon and they can figure out what to do for the little man.

Well that's my update on the sickies.  Hopefully my next update will be a bit more pleasant!

No comments: