Saturday, September 15, 2007

Mountains in Review

Our trip was better than I expected.  My morning/evening sickness wasn't bad and there were even a few days that I had none at all, so I was very grateful for those days. 

Sunday was the long drive up.  It took us about 7 hours total with stopping for breakfast, lunch and potty breaks.  But we got there around 2pm and got our stuff situated in the cabin.  Our cabin was very nice and we had some great views.  Sunday we just laid around the cabin and went grocery shopping.  Sunday was also my worst day of morning/even sickness.  By the time supper was over, so was I.  Bleh.

Monday we went into Gatlinburg to look around and do some shopping.  It is so pretty up there and all the cute little shops were so adorable and just added to the mountain environment.  Jon Kent and Zoey went into a shop where they can make stuffed animals.  Kind of like a "Build A Bear" workshop.  Jon Kent made a cow and named it "Mooey" and Zoey made a frog and named it "Froggy".

Tuesday the women went shopping at all the outlet malls and stores.  That afternoon Kent joined us and together we got a lot of our Christmas shopping done.  So for that I'm pretty excited.  I've never gotten this much Christmas shopping done this early.   Tuesday night we went to the Comedy Barn.  It was the 8:15pm show so it was past the kids' bedtimes but they both stayed up and alert during the show.  At one point we look over and Zoey had found herself a little boy and she was kissing on him.. on the lips.  Nice.  I hope he wasn't carrying any germs. 

Wednesday we went to the Ripley's Aquarium.  The kids really enjoyed it and loved looking at all the fish.  We got to pet some of the sting rays and some crabs of some short.  Kent even touched a shark although he wasn't supposed to.  We then went and looked around at some more of the shops before heading back to our room.

Thursday Kent's parents and sister and brother went horseback riding.  Since yours truly is pregnant, I wasn't able to go.. which sucked a bit but I have many more years to go and do those sorts of things once my child bearing years are over (will be come April 2008!).  They said they had a good time on the trails and we took the kids up there to look at the horses.  Jon Kent got on one but Zoey didn't like them at all.  So she just decided to look and pet.  Thursday evening we went to some arcades and let the kids ride some kiddie rides.  Kent and Kerith (Kent's sister) bungee jumped.  It was pretty amusing to say the least. 

Friday was heading back home day and we basically drove the whole way some in the rain and what was left from tropical storm/hurricane whatever it's name was.

All in all it was a pretty good trip and we had fun.  Enjoy the pictures!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you all had a great time!!! Funny looking at the pictures though.. we have been to all of those places several times LOL

Anonymous said...

Oh my!   I just love Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge...and on the otherside of the mountain is my very favorite, Maggie Valley!    We usually make that trip two or three times a year....your pictures just make me long to go there again.   Sounds like you had a great time.
~Meg

Anonymous said...

I have all the same pictures only Rylie is in them instead of your kids.  lol We love Gatlinburg.  With it only 3.5 hours away, you can imagine how often we visit! WTG on all the Christmas shopping.  I told everyone this year that Christmas is tight with me not working, so don't expect much!!! lol

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had a blast!  Fun vaca.  Next time you're coming up this way, let me know and I will try to plan a day trip.  Gatlinburg is only three hours from here!