Monday, September 3, 2007

Labor Day

I hope everyone is having a good Labor Day.  So far our Labor Day is much like the rest of our days.  The kids got up at around 7:15am and we watched some cartoons in bed.  Then we got up and they played for a little bit while I checked my emails and such and then I cooked breakfast.  After we ate breakfast I got the finger paints back out and let them paint for a bit.  They weren't the least bit shy with it this go around.  Jon Kent even started painting his body.  They got to take an extra bath which they loved.  Afterwards they 'helped' me clean up all their toys and now they are both resting in their beds.. hopefully falling asleep soon.  After they wake up it will be lunch time and then some more playtime.  Kent had to work today so he will be getting off at 4pm.  After he gets home we are going up to his parents' house to cook out and swim.  The rest of the night will be spent up there I guess and then we will come home and put the babies to bed.

We have a vacation coming up.  Sept. 9-14.  I'm usually pretty excited about vacations, but I just can't get excited this time.  I don't know if it has to do with the pregnancy.  Worrying about if there is going to be a heart beat when we go to the doctor Thursday (Sept. 6th) or if I'm just not looking forward to it because I know if that week goes like any week I've had in the past 4 weeks, I'll feel sick a lot of the time.  Or if it's the fact we are going to the mountains instead of the beach.  Who knows.  I just wish I could get myself excited about it.  Usually by now I have a check list going of what all needs to be done in the next week and what all we need to pack.  But I'm in no mood. Maybe after we go to the doctor Thursday I'll feel better.

Well, I'm off to get some things done while the kids are asleep.  I hope everyone has a safe Labor Day!

 

No comments: