Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Maybe I won't erase this one..

I still can't believe I erased my last post.  Drives me crazy!  We really haven't been up to much.  Just been busy doing our day to day stuff.  Hard to sit down and think about something to write.

Both the kids are doing good.  They both have had the sniffles and some coughing lately.  But I think it's just the change in weather and the pollen in the air.  They are both LOVING the fact that it has been nice everyday for about 2 weeks now.  Most days it's in the high 70s to low 80s.  So they are liking the fact that we don't have to stay inside most of the day.  In fact, Jon Kent told me today that he didn't want to read books (we usually do every morning after breakfast) he wanted go outside.  So we did.  We came back inside later and read some books before nap time.

Last Friday I cut grass for the first time in my life!  Well not the *first time but it was the first time I actually cut allll the grass.  I've never cut the grass since Kent and I have been married.  But Kent was busy with work stuff and I had done all my chores for the day so I decided to tackle the task.  I actually had fun if you can believe it.  It took me awhile to get the hang of things.. didn't help that the push mower was out of gas and I was pulling the life out of that durn (how did you like that southern word?)chord thing trying to get it to crank.  But after putting some gas in it, I was good to go!  And then.. lol.. I was on the riding lawn mower and for the life of me I couldn't figure out how to engage the blades so they would actually cut the grass.  I rode around in circles trying to figure out what I was doing.  But I finally did and I managed to get the whole yard cut before Kent got home.  He thought his dad or brother cut it and was surprised to learn that I had done it.  I was pretty proud myself!

Yesterday we took the kids to have their Easter pictures taken.  It took FOREVER too.  Jon Kent would NOT smile.  And every time we actually managed to get him to smile he would stick his tongue out.  We finally got some pictures out of them and it only took an HOUR to do it.  That lady taking the pictures had a lot more patience that I would have had.  So she got her money's worth yesterday that is for sure!

Well, I guess I will go.  This isn't the post I had before I erased it but it will have to do for now.  Really don't feel like going back and retyping that other stuff.  Maybe I will soon.. so stay tuned! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow I can't imagine never have mowed the lawn before!! Growing up during the summer I mowed my parents lawn quite a bit (they're yard was about 1 1/2 acres too) one summer the riding mower wasn't working so we had to push the whole thing, it usually took a couple days, but it was great for the tan and burning calories!! Before moving to Germany we had a HUGE yard at Fort Riley and I mowed that quite a bit, during my pregnancy (just push) it was about a 1/2 acre yard so not too bad! As long as it's not over 100 and high humidity (which is a normal KS summer) I didn't mind!

It's been in the 60's here and it's so nice, last week we had snow! We're enjoying going outside everyday Jacob finishes his school work (I home school) and Jack's up from his nap! :) They sleep so good at night when they've burned off all their energy at the park!

Anonymous said...

The tongue sticking out reminds me of some curly haired little girl in an Auburn cheerleader suit putting her fingers in her ears and sticking her tongue out when the photograper was not looking!!!!!!!!  Wonder who that cute little girl was?  Could it be in Jon Kent's genes?  Probably!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!