Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Spring Fling

I do believe Yesterday was the first day of Spring.  However, we are enjoying cold (well maybe not COLD but not Spring weather) weather.  I'm looking forward to the nice weather.  It will give me a chance to take Jon Kent and Zoey out and walk the trails we have around our house.  Maybe I will be able to walk a few more pounds off too.  That would be a great bonus to spending time with the kiddos.

As you all know I am selling Kelly's Kids clothing (Rep #111772).  I am having my first party Saturday.  To say I am nervous would be a BIG understatement!  I am sooo scared that 1) no one will show up 2) that I will totally bomb 3) that I won't be able to answer anyone's questions 4) that I will add up someone's order wrong and either over charge or under charge them.  I really do want to do a good job because I want this to work out for so many reasons.  I want to help out by bringing some extra $$$ into our budget.  That way we pay off the car and the only "debt" we have is the house.  I also just want to feel accomplished.  Like I have actually done something useful for my family.  I also want to make Kent proud of me.  I'm not saying he's not, but I some times feel like he does all the work and I just kind of mooch off of him.  Which I know intellectually isn't true but in my heart I feel that way.  Oh well.  I guess these are just my fears and hopefully by getting them out onto "paper" will help.

I LOVE our new house.  It still doesn't feel "real" yet but it's getting there.  I love our new bedding.  The comforter is SO cozy.  I love to get in the bed each night and throw the covers over my head and sink down into the mattress and go to sleep.  So nice.  It's a lot more house work.  And I'm finding that there is just no way to do it all in one day.  I used to be able to do that with the old house but this one takes longer and I take more proud in this house I guess that I want everything just right.  So I am trying to pan out a routine to do each day to keep the house fresh and clean.  It's a work in progress.

Speaking of works in progress- We are going to start "trying" to put Jon Kent into his own "big boy" bed starting Sunday night...or maybe Monday night.  Not sure just yet.  I'm hoping it goes smoothly.  He has been going to sleep on his own for all his naps (he takes two).  He goes to sleep on his own for the night (it just happens to be in our bed though).  I'm nervous about how he will do in his own room.  But he's got to learn sometime.  We are probably also going to start putting Zoey in her crib in her room starting next week as well.  She has been sleeping for the most part all night (6-8 hours).  If she keeps it up then she will be going to her own room.  But I am anxious about it because it seems like she (and Jon Kent too) will be so far away from me.  I'm having a harder time than I thought of letting them go.  It has to happen some time though I guess.

Well, I'm off to bed.  Talk with yall later!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want to wish you lots of luck on your 1st party this Saturday.  I am sure you will do great.  Your new home is so beautiful.  I enjoyed the pictures.  Good Luck with getting Jon Kent to sleep in his own bed.  My first son wanted no part of sleeping in his big boy bed and he slept in my bed with me until he was over 5 years old.  I just could not get him out of my bed.  My 20 month old son Nicholas is nothing like my 1st son.  Nicholas wants no part of sleeping in my bed. He did until he was about 8 months old but then he wanted his own bed and has been in his own bed, in his own room ever since.  I got really lucky with him.
Sending big hugs your way,
Angel