Wednesday, July 5, 2006

Whew, the 4th is over

We had a BUSY and I do mean BUSY 4th!  The kids woke up earlier than usual which stunk, but what could I really do about it?  So we got up and ate.  We put the kids down for an early nap and then I hopped in the shower and got things ready to go for the day.  We had to wake both kids up from their naps and get them piled into the car.  None were too happy about the wake up call.  So we get in the car and off we go to my family's reunion.  It was an OK event.  Not a lot of excitement but it was nice to just have family to spend the day with.  After eating lunch and talking we decided it was time to go and see Kent's side of the family.  So we pile back into the car and head to Kent's aunt and uncle's house.  We throw on our swim suits and get into the pool.  We spent the afternoon there and chatted, played horse shoes, ate and swam.  Around 5pm or so we head home to put the kids down for a late nap.  They slept while we just sat down and relaxed.  Around 7:30pm we head to the local park and watch the fireworks.  EVERYBODY from both sides of the immediate (parents and grandparents) was there.  We all sat around and chatted while we waited for it to get dark.  Finally at 8:45pm they started the fireworks and it lasted a good 20 minutes.  It was OK but it was like they were trying to make a 20 minute show with only 10 minutes worth of fireworks...lol.  After the show we came home threw the kids in the bath and then threw them into bed.  Jon Kent didn't sleep well AT ALL.  He woke up I know at least one time with Kent and twice with me.  Zoey on the other hand didn't wake up to eat until 5am.  That was 7 full hours of sleep.  Woohoo!!  I'm hoping she keeps it up.  I'm hoping Jon Kent sleeps better tonight.  Well, I am off to get into the shower while I have a free moment or two.  Talk with yall later.

No comments: