Thursday, August 17, 2006

Could it be the end of an era?

We all know times come and they go.  Certain situations that seem like they will never end always do.  We know that happy times will become sad times and sad times will become happy times.  Sleepless nights will turn into sleeping nights and someday oh some sweet day poopy diapers will be a thing of the past (at least until I am committed to the nursing home).  My point to all of the above is...Zoey is SLEEPING again!  Oh sweet mother of sleep!  She is sleeping again!!  See, Zoey has been teething.  For like 2-3 weeks now.  She had all 4 of her front top teething coming in all at once.  So far we have 3 that have popped through and one still working it's way in.  But I believe the worst of it is over.  As for the past 2 nights I have gotten at least 6 hours of straight sleep!  Something else I have figured out is that my girl likes to sleep on her stomach.  I found this out by accident when I put Zoey down Tuesday night for bedtime.  She didn't want to go to bed so she laid in bed and fussed and turned herself all which-a-ways(like that southern term?).  When she finally did go to sleep she was on her stomach so I just left her there.  Because now that she is older SIDS isn't really an issue.  So she slept from 8:30pm-4:30am.  I was completely shocked.  Then she slept from 4:45am-8am.  I personally thought it was a fluke but still had my hopes up for continued success.  So last night I laid her down at 8:30pm and thought of the good night sleep I hoped we all would have.  11:30pm rolls around and my dreams were interrupted....  So I figured well at least I got one good night sleep out of the deal.  So I fed Zoey and when I went to go lay her down I thought to myself, "Self, why don't we put her on her stomach and see how it goes?"  So we...err...I put her down on her stomach.  She slept that way from 12am-7am.  SEVEN hours of solid sleep.  So nice!  Same way with naps.  She is sleeping between 1 1/2-2 hours now for naps.  I really, really, really hope this continues.  But I know babies have their own ways of doing things, so for now I will just enjoy the rest while I have it.

No comments: