Thursday, August 10, 2006

Crawling

Zoey is truly crawling now.  Until today she was just kind of scooting.  Not getting around every much and not very quickly.  Well that has all changed.  I was fixing Jon Kent's lunch this afternoon.  I was in the kitchen and Zoey was sitting in the living room playing with some toys.  I was cutting Jon Kent's hotdog up and trying to get him settled into his chair to eat.  After I got Jon Kent eating, I turned around and Zoey was gone!  I went around the corner and she was sitting in our entrance way a good 10 feet from where I left her.  She was sitting there with the biggest smile.  It was funny.  But it was a reality check as well.  I can't just sit her somewhere and walk off anymore.  I will have to make sure she is somewhere she can't get herself into trouble.  She is already cruising the furniture.  She can pull herself up on things and walk around holding our hands.  I tell ya, my kids learn how to get mobile at a young age!  Jon Kent was 8 1/2 months when he started walking and Zoey isn't going to be too far behind that age.  Whew!  I only *thought my hands were full.

No comments: