Wednesday, August 2, 2006

Man! It is HOT outside!

<Insert a picture of a hot, sweaty woman here>

It is just ridiculously hot outside!  The air is so thick and muggy.  And sticky!  I took the kids out this morning at 9am and it was already too hot to be out.  We didn't stay out long.  I thought about running in and putting on my swim suit and getting the kids' swim diapers and just getting in the pool.  But I thought it was too early plus I don't feel comfortable getting in the pool alone with both kids.  I'm paranoid something will go wrong and I won't be able to handle it.  But nonetheless, the thought did cross my sweaty brow.

Yesterday I called a pediatric dentist to get an appointment for Jon Kent.  Yes, shame on me for not getting him an appointment sooner.  But anyway, she said that they only have one private room for kids his age so it may be later in the year before we are able to get in.  So I was like that is fine.  December 6th!!  I was like whoa!  But he has an appointment...  I so hope his teeth are in good shape.  We brush them everyday (almost) and I am trying to make sure we brush them twice a day.  Jon Kent doesn't mind though.  He likes getting his teeth brushed and he likes trying to brush his own.

Let's see what else is there to talk about...  Umm not much.  Things have been slow around here.  We needed a break after the busy month we just had.  It was a jam packed month, but fun!

OH!  Zoey is 8 months old today!  EIGHT!  Where does the time go?  I swear it really does feel like I was just pregnant with her yesterday!  Jon Kent's two year birthday is coming up in about 3.5 months!  He will be TWO!  And 4 months from today Zoey will be 1.  I just can't believe it!  I have two children that are going to be 2 and 1.  Who would have ever thought *I would have two children at this point in my life.  Not me!  But it's a great time in my life.

Well, I am off to do whatever. I have just finished up mopping my floors so I need to go put the chairs and table back where they belong.  Talk with yall later!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's thankfully cooled off here in Germany (and they don't believe in A/C for some odd reason). Jon Kent would definately be early in seeing a dentist (when looking at the national average). My older son was 3 and his teeth are great, he was really excited and ready to see the dentist. My 2 yr old almost 3 yr old was seen in Feb for the first time (1st available apt we could get) and his teeth are also in great shape, but he FREAKED out.  I had been (and still do) brush his teeth everyday, although at the time he was fighting me constantly (1st of my children to do that, so I was really worried). Now he loves his teeth brushed so I think his next apt will be fine!

As long as you're brushing his teeth (don't forget to floss, they sale those cute little flossers for kids) his teeth should be fine.