Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Christmas- isn't far away now!

AIt's been almost a week since my last entry.  We have been some what busy.  Last Friday night, we took the kids to the Zoolight Safari at the zoo.  We rode the train (Thomas as Jon Kent called it) that took us all over the zoo to look at the lights.  We also rode the carousel.  Jon Kent did NOT like it.  Well, he liked it but didn't like riding the animals on it.  So, Kent just held him.  Zoey liked it though.  After that we just kind of walked around for a bit and looked at the lights.  Then we headed home. 

Saturday night Kent and I finished up our Christmas shopping.  We also had somewhat of a date night.  The kids stayed over at my parents' house and we just got the whole night to have adult time.  It was nice.  I enjoy spending alone time out and about with Kent.  We get to eat and talk (we usually end up talking about the kids, lol) and we get to come home and just sit and what a movie or whatever.

Monday my nephew was put into the hospital for a bad cold.  He is still in there too.  They are hoping he will get to come home today.  I sure hope so too.  It was so sad seeing him in that hospital bed with all those wires and tubes coming from him.  Poor little guy..  Please say a prayer for him to get better soon! 

Tonight we are having a Christmas supper at church.  I'm looking forward to it.  I enjoy getting together with people that I have basically known all my life and just fellowshipping.

Tomorrow night is the last night of 'peace' before all the Christmas activities begin.  I'll be spending it cleaning and getting things pulled together for the busy weekend though.  Here is the line-up for the rest of the week.

Friday Day/Night:  1) Start main cleaning for family gathering at my house Sunday night.  2) Help Granny cook for Friday night.  3) Have the "O____'s" side family Christmas @ 6pm.

Saturday Day/Night:  1)Finish up cleaning for gathering Sunday night.  2) Have immediate in-law family Christmas (Kent's parents and sister and brother).  3) Kent and I are going to exchange gifts this night.  Only night we really have free.

Sunday Day/Night:  1)Church service @ 10am.  2)Lunch at Granny's.  3)  My mom's side of the family gathering at my house, 5:30pm.  4)  Following that, my family will exchange gifts with one another (my parents, brother and sister-in-law and nephew).

Monday (Christmas Day):  Kent has to work so "Santa" will be coming for the kids that afternoon once he gets off of work.  Then that evening is my dad's side of the family gathering.  I'm not sure what time that is happening though.

Busy times in the O____ household!  But I'm really looking forward to it!

No comments: