Thursday, December 21, 2006

First flight

Kent took his first airplane ride today.  He wasn't looking too forward to it- he hates heights.  But after it was all said and done, he liked it.  He had to transfer two inmates to another prison.  It was in a small jet, but at least it wasn't a 'crop plane' which the government does tend to use from time to time.  He has heard too many horror stories about them.  He said this plane was nice and smooth.. small but smooth.  He asked the pilot how high and fast they were going and the pilot told him 580 mph and 27,000 ft up.  They usually go like 45,000 ft but the pilot said there was too much traffic that high up.  Kent told me he was grateful they weren't THAT high.. lol.  He said it was neat to look down and see all the towns and what not.  So, I guess all and all he enjoyed it.

I have never flown before.  I would like to do it though.  Someday..  Once when I was in high school I took a trip with the school to DC.  Which is like 19 hours from where I live.  Or at least that's how long it took us riding a bus with a caravan of 4 buses in all.  I WISH we would have flown then!  None the less, I am still a virgin to the skies..

Well, I am going to go and piddle around.  Talk with yall later!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow the first time I flew I was 18 and we flew to Brazil! Then I was in just a little hopper with a friend of ours who was a pilot and took us up in his small plane, and he let me fly it, which was absolutely terrifying, but cool! :)
Then flying to Germany when our daughter was 7 months old! I've definately done more long flight times than short ones!!! I LOVE to fly, if it's more than a few hours drive, it's the way to go!!!