Friday, December 22, 2006

Christmas Weekend

Preview

The Christmas weekend doesn't officially start until 6pm tonight, but I figured yall wouldn't mind.. lol.  Once the kids wake up from their naps, we are heading to Micky D's for some lunch then over to Kent's grandmother's house.  I am helping her get things prepared and cooked for our family (Kent's extended side) gathering tonight.  We are making special 'roll sandwiches', (don't know any other way of explaining them.. just that they are GOOD) pigs in a blanket, cheese roll, etc.  And others are bringing other things.  The whole thing starts at 6pm.  I'm looking forward to it! 

I made myself out a to do list 2 days ago.  Just stuff that needed to be done before Christmas Eve at my house.  I had 12 things on there to do and I have 5 things left.  So not bad!  I will do the rest of it tomorrow afternoon some time.  The main thing I wanted to get done was going through all the kids' clothes and toys.  Which I did.  Trying to make room for what I know is coming.. lol.  They are soooo spoiled!!  Wait, not spoiled, just loved.. lol.  None the less, I knew there wasn't going to be any room for their new things unless some of the old went away.  Which the old was toys for baby babies and such.  And I reorganized things so Jon Kent and Zoey could get to them easier... yeah.. Martha would be proud..

Well, I am going.  I need to straighten up and pick the toys up off the floor.  Talk with yall later!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you  are going to have a busy.. but fun weekend.  
I know what ya mean about going through the old toys/clothes and making room for the new ones that they always get  for Christmas.  Nicholas is spoiled as well. I just went through his toys and clothes the other day.
Have a wonderful Christmas.
Hugs,
Angel

Anonymous said...

Emily,

I love your family picture.  God has blessed you so much these past few years with a wonderful husband, two beautiful babies, and a new home to share.  It has been my pleasure to read about your life... and I pray abundant blessings, health, and love for you and your household always.

Merry Christmas!
~Erin