Saturday, July 12, 2008

Honestly

I'm just going to be frank..

I love my kids.  I really, really do.  I waited so long for Jon Kent and after miscarrying twice before having him I was thrilled to finally be a mother.  God blessed me with a little girl, who according to my parents, acts just like I did at her age (how my parents survived without setting themselves on fire... anywho).  Then finally God blessed me with Nathan.  He is a ball of chunk and while he likes to be grumpy.. a lot.. first thing in the morning all he gives are smiles.  My three kids are wonderful.  And I love them.  But good gracious do I want a break.  I want a whole weekend of no kids.  Is that wrong?  I swear when I right in the middle of something, whether it be trying to get wet clothes in the dryer or fixing a meal or what have you.. they need me right then and there and if I don't come running they just get louder and louder.  Oh and Jon Kent is in this new phase of asking me some question and then when I answer him he decides he doesn't like the answer I've given him.  For example:

Jon Kent:  Why do we have feet?
Me:  So we can walk and run.
JK: I don't want to walk and run.
Me:  Fine.  Give me your feet then.
JK:  (whining) But I want my feet so I can walk and run.

OR

Jon Kent:  How many days until we go to the beach?
Me: 7
JK:  But I don't like the number 7.  I like 8.
Me:  But if it stays 8 days until we go to the beach, we will never get to go.
JK:  So?  I like 8.
Me:  Fine we just won't go to the beach.
JK:  But I want to gooooooooooo.

See?  I need a weekend, a whole weekend.  *sigh*

But I would miss them and talk about them the whole time.  Even when Kent and I do get a few hours without all of them we end up talking about them.  Isn't that how it usually works?

OK, I'm done complaining... for now.  Nathan has been sweetly waiting for me to pick him up.  So I'll go do that now. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A whole weekend sounds great!  most days I'd just settle for a few minutes ;)  lol, or just end a day not being so exhausted that standing in the shower feels like hard work!
I've never had more than 24 hours without the kids...but the times I've been away even a night I miss them like crazy.

Take it easy doll~
~Bernadette

Anonymous said...

OH I know what you mean!  When I was younger and had two little ones (one of whom is deaf and would throw some MAJOR temper tantrums) I just needed to get away!  Thank god my MIL would take them whenever we needed her to.  Heck, sometimes it was hard to take them from HER!~  She would have just loved to keep them all the time.  Now with just Nic (my others are 17 and 18) it's SO much easier.  I cannot imagine THREE!  Girl, you DO need a break!