Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Much to do..

..about nothing.  Not a lot going on here.  We are taking it easy currently, just gearing up for our vacation.  Today was Kent's last day of work for the next 11 days.  Super excited about that.  He seems to be too.  We have plans to do "getting ready" type things over the next few days.  We are totally ready and excited about this trip.  Can't wait.

We are going to sign the kids up for soccer tomorrow.  It's starts (games) in September.  They have it for ages 2-18.  So both kids will get to play.  I can't wait to see them all running around trying to kick a ball.  I played soccer in high school.  I wish I would have gotten into it at a lot younger age.  I think I would have had a blast growing up and playing it.  But it just wasn't popular when I was a kid.  So I ended up playing t-ball, softball all the way until I was too old for the rec leagues.  Anywho, I look forward to seeing if they enjoy it as much as I did.

Well, that's about it.  Yall have a good one!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did that with my kids.  I put my daughter in Pom classes from age three on and she loved it then but she hated it later LOL  She said she wasn't going to be one of those preppy girls!  HEHE  My son has been a wrestler since he was in third grade.  Everyone knows him because he is the only DEAF wrestler so he hates all the attention and all the TV crews wanting to interview him lol  I swear were on tv every wrestling season lol.  He is now a senior and STILL in wrestling.  Loves it.  Good idea getting them started early ;)  gives them a chance at being the BEST of the best!  Could mean a good scholarship for them in the future too :)

Anonymous said...

They have sports here from ages 3 and up. At 3 and 4 there's not much excitement, it's them trying to figure out how to kick, A LOT of crowding the ball as they wall WANT to kick it, etc. At the 3-5 group they do 3 scrimmages and 3 practices, so it's only 6 weeks long which is plenty for that age group!!!