Friday, July 11, 2008

My big girl bed :)

Yesterday we (Kent and I) got a new bed.  We were sleeping in a queen size bed but when all the kids got in it with us, there was just no room for us all to lay comfortably.  And the kids get in the bed with us every morning to snuggle and watch TV before we all start our day.  So we decided to get a king size bed.  The whole bed itself is huge.  And I'm not talking the mattress either.  The headboard is just ginormous.  It's taller than me.  I like it though.  After they brought it and set it up we put the kids down for a nap and then we took a nap on our bed to break it in.  Kent was thrilled.  Even Nathan enjoyed a nap in it yesterday.  Jon Kent keeps telling me, "Thank you for getting your new big bed.  It's pretty."  LOL 

According to our "We're Going to the Beach in _ days" countdown, we have 8 more days until we pack up and head out.  The kids are still talking about it all the time and enjoy taking a sticker off every day.  They finally got the concept that they can't take all the stickers off in one day and get to go to the beach.  It just doesn't work that way.  I've still got a lot of planning to do before we go.  I've got to finish our packing lists.  I'm afraid I'll forget something really important.  And deciding what to take and what not to take..  I've been working on the packing list for over a week now.  I'm such a dork.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the new bed!! I'd really love a King Size, we're going to be staying here in Germany for another 3 yrs and I'm thinking we may end up getting a new King size bed.

Enjoy! :)

Anonymous said...

:)  LOVE your new bed.  

lol...after all of my list making, I let Chris pack up a few of the bags (with checklists) and in those bags he forgot at least one of everything that was supposed to be in it ;)  next time, in addition to the lists I'm adding specific instructions like *pack BOTH pieces of the baby monitor*

I'm about as excited as your kids about you going to the beach :)  are we there yet?  

~Bernadette

Anonymous said...

THAT is the bed I wanted!!! I hate you!  NO, just kidding ;) It IS the bed I wanted but I don't hate you!  I LOVE your wall color too, and your bed covers.  
That pic of john kent is so adorable!