Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Memories..

The above picture is of my first house (as a married woman).  It's the house I brought 2 out 3 of my kids home to from the hospital.  It's the house that Jon Kent took his first steps in, said his first words in.  It's the house that Kent grew up in.  That Kent's daddy once lived it.  Needless to say it's "been in the family" for a long, long time.  And now it's gone.  Kent's grandfather was going to tear it down but one of the neighbors came by and asked if they could have it and move it.  Pops (Kent's grandfather) said sure as long as they clean up their mess when they were done.  Today when I was coming home the police had blocked off the road right in front of my driveway so I quickly told him I lived right on the other side of his car and he let me go around him.  Then I high tailed it (southern slang at it's best) inside to grab my camera.  It was certainly an interesting sight.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I imagine it was bittersweet to watch them pull the house away.

Anonymous said...

I think I would have cried.
~Meg

Anonymous said...

You know...my house now is MUCH nicer then our old house which we lived in for 14 years...my kids were not born there but they lived there since they were 2 and 3 years old!  THey grew up there...we had a baby oak tree planted there that we had to leave!  It's sad!  I miss that house even tho this one is MUCH nicer.  Hubby thinks i'm crazy...I told him NO, I'm a women!  Women form attachments  to innanament objects! LOL  AND It always amazes me HOW they can just pick up a house and move it!  Amazing!  LOL