Monday, August 29, 2005

Doctors, Hurricane, Lysol, and much, much more!

Today could be 3 days rolled into one.  It has been one busy, busy day!  So let me just run down the timeline for ya.  5:30am: Jon Kent wakes up, but I am able to get him back to sleep.  6:45am: Jon Kent is up for good.  I give him cereal with bananas and apples.  He also has a bottle.  He gets down and plays for a bit and I start washing clothes.  8am:  Kent starts calling the doctor's office trying to get an appointment for Jon Kent today.  Jon Kent had broken out in a mysterious rash yesterday.  8:20am:  We finally get in and are told to be there by 9am.  So we all get dressed and ready to go.  9am:  We are sitting in the waiting room.  9:15am:  We are called back.  The doctor looks Jon Kent over and says he has "roseola".  I probably misspelled that, but it will be OK.  Anyway, so he gives Jon Kent some antibiotics and tells us that he will probably develop a fever between 101-103.  But "don't worry".  Uh yeah...like I'm not going to freak out or anything if my baby has a fever of 103.  Don't be surprised if they don't call you (the doctor) when we are in the ER...  ANYWAY, so we go to Rite Aid and drop off the Rx.  9:45am:  We are in Wal-Mart doing our normal bi-weekly grocery shopping.  We had to wait in line forever because one of my coupons wouldn't work.  I would have just said the heck with it, but it was $8 off so I was willing to wait...  10:30am:  We walk in to Food World to get some odds and ends that are cheaper there than at Wally.  11am:  We are pulling out of Food World with a knocked out baby in the back and a car full of groceries.  We go by Rite Aid to get the Rx and head home.  From 11:30am-1pm is nothing but putting up groceries, washing clothes, and eating lunch.  Also, we checked in with the hurricane.  Looks like it will miss us this time.  Just some rain and storms here.  Although now that I say that it looks like we are in a Tornado Warning...should have just kept my mouth shut.  Still isn't going to be THAT bad here.  1:15pm:  Jon Kent wakes up from his over 2 hour nap.  I take him next door to his Granny's so that I can disinfect the house of any germs that might have caused Jon Kent's lovely little rash.  I have completely done two rooms as we speak.  Still have 2 1/2 left to do.  Not to mention I am still washing clothes.  To which I will probably be doing all night because I am having to rewash a lot of Jon Kent's clothes because those too may have little rash germs on them.  I still have to take out the trash and do my "normal" Monday cleaning.  Let's also not forget that I am nesting and really just want to throw everything out of this house and bring it all back in one piece at a time after it has been thoroughly cleaned.  Fighting the urge to do so is tiring.  But there isn't much to do for Zoey just yet because I really don't have anything for her...so sad I know.  By this time last year with Jon Kent I had everything for the most part ready for his arrival.  Oh well, by the time she gets here, things will be done.  Well, it looks like my little break is over so I will end here.  Have a good Monday everyone!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

zoey has plenty at Gramsie's.  She will NOT do without.  I hope baby boy does not get the high fever.  He will be a little ill pot.  He is so wonderful.  Just wonder where the germs came from in the first place.  Not much telling.  Just bring him to me and I will love him all the time.