Wednesday, August 31, 2005

A Day in the life of this mom

I got this idea from an article in BabyTalk.  It's a timeline of my day starting at 12am. 

12am:  Sleeping...ZzzZzzZzz

2:00am:  I hear some movement through the baby monitor and pray that Jon Kent is just turning over or trying to find a comfortable spot in his bed.

2:20am:  Nope.  He is up and crying.

2:30am:  I get up and take Jon Kent into the living room to be rocked back to sleep.

2:45am:  I slowly walk with sleeping child in tow.  S-l-o-w-l-y lay him down only for his eyes to pop back open the moment his butt hits the mattress.

2:46am:  Change his diaper.  I also give in and warm him up a bottle.  Hoping to bribe him to sleep.

3:00am:  He is finishing his bottle and I am watching some news show about the hurricane.

3:25am:  Once again I slowly walk back to Jon Kent's room to lay him down.  This time he stays put--whew!

3:36am:  I have to potty.

4:12am:  I am still awake.  WHY am I still awake?!?!?

4:17am:  I have to potty---again.

6:30am:  Jon Kent is awake.  So I stagger into his room and scoop him up.  I then bring him back to bed with me.

7:30am:  Jon Kent is up for good now.  So his daddy takes him for a diaper change while I warm some cereal and apples up for him for breakfast.

7:33am:  I am opening windows all throughout the house because I can STILL smell the chicken that I burned yesterday--sigh.

7:45am:  I finish giving Jon Kent his cereal.  His bottle is warming up in the process.

8:00am:  I go to have my quiet time while Jon Kent gets his bottle via his daddy.

8:30am:  I am fixing breakfast for Kent and myself while checking my email.

9:30am:  We take Jon Kent out to swing since the weather was nice and cool outside.

10:00am:  It's time for Jon Kent's morning nap--I join in.

11:45am:  Jon Kent wakes up and is ready to play.  I am thinking I could use 10 more minutes.

12:00pm:  Jon Kent is getting his diaper changed and is heading next door to see his Granny while Kent grills hot dogs for lunch.

1:00pm:  Kent and I are finishing lunch and watching Millionaire.  Jon Kent stayed at Granny's for the afternoon---thank goodness for Granny!

1:25pm:  Kent heads to work.

1:30pm:  I am surfing the internet and catching up on all my message boards and emails.

2:00pm:  I start cleaning the house.  I clean my bedroom and Jon Kent's bedroom.  I vaccuum both rooms.  I wash dishes as well.

3:00pm:  I take a bath and get dressed.

4:25pm:  I am coming home from Granny's house.  After being there for an hour watching Jon Kent nap.

4:30pm:  I am fixing Jon Kent's bottles for the next 2-3 days.  He is playing around my feet and walking all around the house.

5pm:  I feed Jon Kent his supper.

5:30pm:  I feed myself my supper.

6:15pm:  We head to church for the evening.

8pm:  We are on our way home from church.

8:15pm:  I get Jon Kent's bath ready.

8:20pm:  Jon Kent is splashing in the tub while I clean the bathroom.

8:35pm:  Jon Kent is finishing his bottle while I am watching Dateline and rocking him.

9pm:  Jon Kent is asleep in his crib--hopefully for the night.

9:15pm:  I wash the 2nd load of dishes for the day and clean the kitchen sink.

9:30pm:  I get online to check my mail while the sink is soaking in bleach.

9:53pm:  Finishing this entry only to head into the kitchen and finish cleaning it.

Hopefully.......

10:30pm:  I am cutting logs.

12am:  Still cutting logs.

 

No comments: