Friday, November 24, 2006

Holidays are a comin'!

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.  It was OK here.  Everyone in our family except Jon Kent was sick with a cold.  Zoey had been running a fever for about 3 days until yesterday.  I was stuffed up, Kent was stuffed up, Zoey was stuffed up and even my momma was stuffed up.  It didn't help that for the past 4 nights I hadn't had more than 4-5 hours of sleep each night.  But yesterday did go better than I thought it would.  So that is always a good thing.  We went over to Kent's grandmother's house for lunch and then over to my parents' last night for supper.  We ate and ate and ate and ate and then ate a little more.  It was all good food!

The kids went to bed last night at 8:30pm and Kent and I were soon asleep at 9:30pm.  I actually got a good night's sleep and I feel a lot better today than yesterday.  Kent, on the other hand, feels worse.  He is running a low grade fever and said his head, throat, eyes and nose all hurt.  We were supposed to put the Christmas decorations up this morning, but that may be put off until this afternoon.  And even then it may not get done.  It just depends on how Kent feels.  I may do it myself.  We'll just have to see how it all goes and see how everyone is feeling.

We (obviously) didn't go shopping this morning.  I woke up at 4:30am to feed Zoey and looked out the window and Kent's parents were gone.  I thought to myself "I am glad I am going back to bed and not fighting the crowds".  I would have liked to have gone but after no sleep for 4 days it was nice to be able to go back to bed and get some extra sleep.  We will get our shopping done in the coming days.  Kent and I have plans to spend a whole day just shopping and enjoying each other's company alone.  We have plans to do that after Zoey's birthday party (Dec. 2nd).  I'm really, really looking forward to getting out with Kent alone and just having a whole day to ourselves.  Couples need that from time to time.

Anyway, I need to go and get some things done around this house.  It's a MESS from being so busy with Thanksgiving things and everyone being sick.

No comments: