Monday, November 13, 2006

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Happy Hanukah

So the debate has begun.  And it's not even Thanksgiving yet!  Sheesh!  Wal-Mart had to make an announcement that they WOULD be saying Merry Christmas this year.  Well stop the presses, throw away your "Happy Holiday" greeting cards..  WAL-MART has said it is indeed OK to say Merry Christmas.  Whew!  Here I was worrying myself sick as to what to say when someone else gave me a holiday greeting.  Thank you Wal-Mart!

It's ridiculous for this country to be so set on being "politically correct" that stores are having to announce whether or not they will be saying Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays.  First of all, the whole reason Merry Christmas is such an issue is because of the first six letters in the second word.. CHRIST.  I mean HE is the WHOLE reason we celebrate Christmas to begin with.  But just like prayer in school, they are trying to take it out as well.  RIDICULOUS!  Jesus is the reason for the season.  Christ is what makes Christmas to begin with.  I can't stand it when I see X-mas.  It's so disrespectful in my eyes.  It's like you are putting a big X over Christ.  How horrible is that?  I could seriously vent on this for awhile.  I will spare yall for the moment...

                                                        ********

In other on goings in my life..  I've made out my "To Do List" for the week.  I have so much to do in preparations for Jon Kent's birthday party this weekend.  His birthday is actually this Wednesday, but his party is Saturday.  We are grilling out and having cake and ice cream.  We have rented some moon bounce type things and they will arrive probably Friday afternoon.  There is just so much to do.  Jon Kent has an ear appointment tomorrow to check out his tubes that were put in over a year ago.  Then Wednesday we are getting our family pictures taken.  Thursday Jon Kent has an appointment with his regular doctor but I am going to reschedule that and make his and Zoey's appointments for the same day.  That way he won't be ill from getting shots (flu shot).  I need to call his doctor's office today some time and do that.. (Makes mental note).  Kent is going to be off Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday of this week!  YAY!  At least I will have some help in getting all this stuff done.

Well, I have rambled enough.  I need to go and finish my laundry.  Talk with yall later!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I soooo agree with you on the Merry Christmas situation....
I have and will always say Merry Christmas...if it offends someone.... oh well!   Not like i have never been offended before.... Maybe thats a crappy way to look at it...but thats my beliefs...taking prayer out of schools is pitiful....and they gripe about the words..."In God we Trust"....but even the ones who gripe about it sure don't have a problem spending the money those words are on....do they....this world is a sad sad place sometimes and getting worse....
Enjoy the time off with Kent!

Hugss..~Terri~