Saturday, November 11, 2006

Night Bubba

Wednesday night our family was doing our usual before bedtime routine.  Giving the kids a bath and then getting them ready for bed.  Kent always bathes and dresses Jon Kent and I also do the same for Zoey.  As soon as we get the kids out of the tub Jon Kent starts yelling for Zoey and me to come into his room (we are in Zoey's room getting her lotioned up and into her Pjs).  He wants a "iss".  Which is a kiss.  After he gets tucked into bed Zoey gives him a kiss and then I give him a kiss.  I always say "Night, night Bubba.  I love you".  As usual that is just what I did.  And out of no where and as clear as day Zoey says "Night Bubba".  I about fell out.  Since Jon Kent never was a talker (still isn't) it's so strange to hear new words coming from Zoey all the time.  She is learning SO quickly.  And learning EVERYTHING!  Jon Kent has just now really started picking up words.  And if he is in the 'right' mood, he will just about repeat anything you want him to.  Anyway, after we all said good night and got and gave kisses, Zoey and I went into the living room so I could nurse her before bedtime.  After she got through she gave her daddy a kiss good night and said "Night, night" and waved.  This girl is just amazing me!

We went and got Jon Kent's birthday present last night.  It's the Elmo Tool bench.  He was with us when we bought it.  We told him he would get it for his birthday (like he *really* understood us.. lol).  After we got home we put it in the top of our closet.  Well, Jon Kent kept asking for "Melmo" all night.  We just kept telling him that he would get it for his birthday.  He eventually either forgot about it or gave up.

Yesterday I weighed myself.  I do it weekly to just make sure I am managing my weight and not gaining.  Since I have reached my goal of 128.  But when I got on it yesterday I was down to 126.5.  Don't ask me how either.  Because I couldn't tell you.  I haven't been exercising lately because we have just been so busy.  I guess all the running around I do from day to day keeps it off.  Who knows!  But either way, I was happy to see that at least I hadn't gained anything.. which I thought I had.

Well, I need to go.  My momma is coming in a few minutes.  We are going birthday dress shopping for Zoey.  Here's hoping we find something!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your babies are just soooo adorable.  You have truly been blessed.   And they are growing up so fast arent they?!  Time flies.  it seems like time goes by so slowly when we are pregnant but once the baby gets here.... it just flies by.
I hope you have lots of luck shopping today and are able to find the dress you are looking for.  WOW--- you lost more weight!  Must be nice! lol.   You really must share your weight loss plan.
Have a great day.
Hugs,
Angel
http://journals.aol.com/angelm0304/Angel

Anonymous said...

OMG...the kids are getting so big...and just adorable!
Sorry i haven't been by in awhile...
How sweet that Zoey said Night night Bubba...awww!
I hope you get some of these precious moments on video...
Have a great sunday!

Hugss..~Terri~