Sunday, April 8, 2007

Easter Weekend

First of all..  Easter isn't about a bunny or about a bunch of eggs.  It's about Jesus Christ dying on a cross and shedding His blood to cover our sins.  It's about Him rising from the dead on the third day.  HE is the reason we celebrate Easter.  All the other stuff is just.. well stuff.  So before I start anything I wanted to first tell yall that.

 

Now on to the "stuff"..

Saturday morning we went to the race track to hunt eggs.  It was FREEZING!  What's up with it being warm for Christmas and cold for Easter??  Anyway, it was cold and we got a lot of eggs.  The kids enjoyed it even though they both were frozen by the time we got back to the car.  Poor little Zoey's cheeks were starting to turn purple!  Saturday evening we dyed eggs.  Both of the kids did well with it.  Although Zoey got her feelings hurt quite a bit because we wouldn't let her get the eggs out of the dye.  Then, this morning the kids got their baskets.  They got candy, some small toys, some coloring kits, bubbles, bath toys and some sidewalk chalk.  Then we went to church.  For lunch we went over to Kent's aunt's house to eat lunch and to have another egg hunt.  The kids found a couple of prizes eggs and had a good time.  Then we came home.  Now the kids are asleep and I am preparing to tell my husband good-bye for 5 days.  Thus the reason I am "anxious" right now.  I'm not looking forward to being a "single" parent for the week.  But.. I'll manage.  May not be very rested.. but manage I will do.  Anyway, enjoy the pictures!  And Happy Easter to all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like everyone had a good Easter :) Have a great week & I know you can do it!

Anonymous said...

I know you can do it baby, I will be with you in your heart at all times. Love you lots!