Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Dream Job

Growing up I wanted to be several things..  Ballerina comes to mind, school teacher, (until my daddy.. who is a teacher.. talked me out of it) meteorologist and a storm chaser.  Not just any storm chaser.. but the ones who get in the airplanes and go down into the eye of a hurricane.  I still do want to be a storm chaser.  Just one of those 'dream' jobs for me.  Probably will never happen but it's still on my list of coolest jobs ever. 

Today while getting my kids cleaned up from lunch the weather sirens started going off.  I tried to listen closely to hear what they were saying but with the kids jabbering about the 'under' (thunder for those not fluent in baby talk) I couldn't make out what the automated guy was talking about.  So I clicked the TV channels to a local station and sure enough my county was under a tornado warning.  Over the next 10 minutes everybody and their momma called my house to make sure we were 'takin' cover'.  The kids went down to Kent's grandparents' house and got in their basement.  I stayed here to get some chores done.. you know.. because I ain't scared.  I grab my digital camera and head outside to see if I can spot me a funnel cloud or two.  I looked and looked.. and according to the weather guy on TV the storm was right over me.  But no tornado.  The warning lasted a good hour or so and it was the only warning for the state.  Just came out of no where I guess.  My dream has yet to come true of spotting at least a funnel cloud.  Maybe someday..

When Kent got home he told me he 'thought' he saw one.. and I immediately stomped my foot like a 2 year old not getting their way would, and said, "No fair!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've always wanted to be a lot of things, but Storm chaser never entered the mix. Perhaps it was because I was too busy dealing with my own storms in life. Liked this entry you where definately the defiant one not backing down to a tornado threat. (Hugs) Indigo