Thursday, April 26, 2007

Time helps

First of all, thanks for the emails that I have gotten regarding my last post.  I know it didn't have a lot of details to go with my entry so it left some of you wondering if everything was OK.  And things are OK with me, Kent and the kids.  We are all doing good.  So that's not something to worry about. 

Time does seem to heal wounds.  Not ALL wounds, just wounds.  I'm still amazed at the effect all of this has had on me.  There is still a lot out on the table with "said someone" but I see glimmers of hope here and there.  I'm hoping time helps things along and things work out.  So again, thanks for the concern!

I'm getting really excited about going on vacation in June.  It's only like a month and a half away.  We are going to the beach for a week.  And I believe the kids will have a great time.  I can't wait to go.  I could really use a break from this small, boring town.  Not to mention of the duties of housewife (minus the getting to play with the kids all day!).  I'm still hoping the whole family gets to go.  There will be 6 adults and 3 kids (2 and under).  I think we will have fun and hopefully grow a bit closer as a family.  At least that's what I want to happen!

Well, this week is race week here.  Fun stuff.  I know I write about it every year.. probably because there is nothing else to write about.. it's a small town and not much happens here.  Which is good and bad all at the same time.  Anyway, the traffic has really picked up today.  I guess Thursday is when most of the race fans come in.  Most of the festivities start tomorrow.  I'll be glad when it's done and my road gets back to normal.  The kids haven't slept well because I have the windows up in the house and the traffic sometimes wakes them up from their naps.  So after Monday I'm hoping their naps go back to normal!

Well, that's it from my neck of the woods.  I hope yall have a great day and a great weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are better.  I always think of you during that race, I have many friends here in Indiana who probably drive right by you to see it!
I started a new journal... stop by if you'd like.