Thursday, April 28, 2005

My doctor visit today

I went to see the doctor today.  Everything with me was fine, I even lost a pound.  So anyways, the doctor comes in and gets the doppler out to try and find a heartbeat.  Well, he couldn't find one.  Which I knew would happen because I am only 9 weeks along.  So anyway, he sends me for an ultrasound because he said with me having two miscarriages already that for my peace of mind I needed to know what was going on.  So we go in the waiting room for the ultrasound and we wait, and we wait, and we wait.  Finally they call us back there and the lady has the screen turned away from me so I can't see anything just in case it was bad news.  As soon as she put the "thing" (I don't know what it is called) on my stomach she said, "Well there's that baby!"  Woohoo!  The heartbeat was 176bpm.  Which is way faster than Jon Kent's ever was.  So anyway, she lets me see the baby and that thing was wiggling all over the place.  Kent said it looked like he was looking at a pinball machine because the baby was just everywhere!  So everything is checking out just fine.  I was measuring right where I was supposed to be.  In fact the ultrasound said my due date according to the baby's measurements was 11/29/05 instead of 11/30/05.  It's only a day but I was thinking they were off by atleast a week.  I figured my due date would have been moved back to December sometime.  Anyway, there's the update!  I'll talk with yall later!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you, Em.  I know how afraid you must have been, and what a relief to have good news!  You take such good care of yourself, and you are such a wonderful mommy... God bless you!
~Erin

Anonymous said...

Yep, my little girl is just a wiggling around.  Jon Kent will be a good big brother no matter if it is a sister or a brother.  He is such a special little boy in the first place

Anonymous said...

I can imagine what you must have felt when you weren't able to see the screen...but I am soooo happy that everything is perfect!!

I honestly think that you are having a girl!!

(((hugs)))
Dana

Anonymous said...

DECEMBER 4.....................

Anonymous said...

Karley Elizabeth Owens.....Dec 4 2005......

Anonymous said...

You know what they say girl's heartbeats are always faster than boy's I have a Nephew now I need a Niece and she'll talk as much as me! LOL!