Thursday, May 12, 2005

Add it to the list!

Jon Kent had another first today.  And it was with me, AGAIN!!  Woohoo!  Anyway, Kent and I had Jon Kent sitting in the floor and he was playing with the remote (he loves that thing, a true American boy) and I started calling his name.  I honestly didn't think he would recognize his name.  But as soon as I got it out a couple of times, he turned to look at me like "what do you want?".  I thought maybe he was just turning at the sound, but I did it again and again and he kept doing it.  But when I would say something else he wouldn't turn to look at me.  Then Kent called at him and Jon Kent turned to look at him.  So it has to be real!  Then Kent took Jon Kent to see his Great Granny and Great PawPaw and they both called for him too and he turned to look at them as well.  So I put it down as one of his firsts in his baby book.  My little guy is really growing up.  It's rather sad if I think about it too long.  But at the same time it's starting to get fun.  He can interact with us fairly well and he hardly ever cries anymore.  All we get now are grins and laughs.  Anyway, I am just a proud momma right now!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Next first:  He looks at you and says "I love my PaPaw best!"

Anonymous said...

He says, Gramsie take me to the big bed.  Where were you during that one?

Anonymous said...

Aww...That is wonderful Em!!

((hugs))
Dana