Saturday, June 18, 2005

Horrible, horrible, horrible mommy

My poor, poor baby.  *sigh*  He fell off the bed yesterday.  I felt horrible.  Kent and I were in the bedroom getting ready to go to town.  I had Jon Kent on the bed playing with his toys.  I had pillows ALL AROUND him.  But somehow he crawled over them and off the bed before Kent or I noticed.  We hear a "thump" and then screaming!  It was the worst sound in the world.  And it was even worse once we realized he was bleeding!  UGH!!!!!  After I got all the blood off of his face, I found that he had bit his tongue right on the tip.  It wouldn't stop bleeding either!  Kent and I both were freaking out.  I put a wet paper towel on his mouth and that seemed to help a little.  After like 15 minutes of bleeding it finally stopped and Jon Kent calmed down.  Even today I still feel horrible about it.  Kent and I both had decided that we weren't going to go to town.  But Jon Kent had calmed down and seemed fine after a little bit.  He is doing just fine now.  Can't tell he even did anything...except for when he will stick his tongue out trying to feel the cut on his tongue.  *sigh*  Is there a bad mommy couch I can go and pout on???

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It could have been worse.  Believe me,Emily.  Just wait.  Austin has had some good ones.  My mom had her gall bladder out yesterday and I was watching him at the hospital so we could go visit.  He was sitting in the chair,readjusting his legs,and he fell in between the two chairs and cracked his head!  Wow and ouch!  He was screaming and yelling and my aunt and uncle are trying to get him out but he wouldn't let them touch her.  I ran in and finally got him calmed down.  Goodness what a nightmare. -Dawn-

Anonymous said...

Hold a popsicle in his mouth the next time he does that...and he will...just part of childhood....it tastes good and stops the bleeding...this works till they are 18 or so  : )
Tracie