Saturday, September 3, 2005

Surveying

We got our land surveyed this morning.  Kent and I both thought that the man was just going to survey the land that we wanted and that would be it.  But being that Kent's grandfather was there he wanted ALL his land surveyed.  That way we would know exactly where all the corners were, plus Kent's dad wanted to add a piece of land to his deed.  So ANYWAY...we went out searching for the little orange flags.  I tagged along not thinking it would be THAT much walking.  Boy was I wrong.  I only walked half of the way with them.  I gave up after that.  I knew if I kept on going I would throw myself into labor for sure.  My back is already hurting right now from walking that much.  It was up hill and down hill.  Around rocks and through trees.  I have decided that if I am ever overdue with Zoey that I will just walk our property in the woods and that should do the trick.  I think I had Kent worried because he kept looking over his shoulder...or maybe he was just checking on Sandy (Kent's parent's dog).  He tagged along with us too, but stayed behind with me when I decided enough was enough.  LOL  The surveyor is supposed to come back Wednesday and do all the measuring and some perk testing as well.  Hopefully the construction of the foundation will start in about 2-3 weeks.  We'll see.  I am ready to get it started.  Well, I am gone.  Yall have a safe Labor Day weekend!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's so exciting Emily!  I can't wait to see the pictures.  Pamela