Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Happy 4th to All

Happy 4th of July!!! 

We had a good day.  Busy.  But good.  We went to a family reunion on my dad's side of the family.  There were probably about 50-75 people there I would guess.  It's mostly extended family and I couldn't tell you 75% of their names.. so..  We ate lunch there and hung around for about an hour or so.  Then we piled the kids back into the car and headed back home.  Kent's parents were grilling out and swimming for the day.  We stayed there until around 6:30pm or so.  We had a good time and the kids kept busy most of the afternoon.  They didn't even take long naps!  After that we made the long trek (25 yards) home to take showers and get the kids changed so we could go to the park for the firework show.  We got there about 7:45pm and the show started at like 9pm.  We had a lot of family and friends show up in the same spot we were at, so it was fun.  After the show we headed home and got the kids in the bath and then the bed.  We are just relaxing now.  I do believe my bed is calling me though.  It's been a long day.  But a good one.  I enjoy these types of day of being busy and spending time with family. 

Well, I hope everyone had a great 4th!  Remember our troops!!  And say a prayer for them and their families!!  They do so much to keep our 4th of July "Independence Day"!!!

No comments: