Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Nightly Prayers

Every night after the kids have their baths and Zoey and Jon Kent give each other their nightly kisses and say good-night I carry Zoey into her room and we say our prayers.  Just a simple one.. one that my grandmother used to say to me whenever I would spend the night at her house.  I'm sure most of yall know it:

Now lay me down to sleep.
I pray the Lord my soul to keep.
If I should die before I wake.
I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Then we'll say God Bless:

Mommy, Daddy, Jon Kent, Zoey, Granny, PawPaw, Mimi, Papa, Aunt Kerith, Uncle Seth, Gramsie, Poohba, Uncle Jon Paul, Aunt Ashley, baby Jon Wesley and MawMaw P____.

Lately Zoey has been trying to say the prayer with me.  But mostly she just says the last word I say after I pause.  But for the past month or so, without fail, she prays for the same people.. every night.  Papa, Uncle Seth and Uncle Jon Paul.  Kent and I kid with each other that apparently they need the most prayer because she always says their names.

~*~*~*~

Yesterday and today we went to the park.  It's a remodeled park in our town.  It's pretty nice and all the equipment is the kids' size.  So that makes it better for them.  Yesterday we stayed for about an hour and today about 30 minutes.  Each day there are always other kids there so my kids get to play with new faces.  Which they love.  And I am glad they get to interact with other kids their ages.  There aren't any play groups around here and all my friends who have kids have to work, so play dates are hard to come by.  They have each other all day everyday to play with, by which I am grateful, but sometimes I just wish they had 'more' kids to play with and socialize with.  I'm scared once they start school they will either be total wall flowers or brats.  I'm sure they will adjust, it's just a worry of mine for now. 

Well that's all for now.  I guess I will talk to yall later!  And oh, enjoy the pictures!

No comments: