Thursday, June 12, 2008

Good News/Bad News Type of Day

I took Jon Kent and Zoey to the dentist today.  My daddy tagged along to help.  They didn't know they were going because they would have had a meltdown the whole way there.  So we finally get there and Jon Kent asked, "Is the dentist going to brush my teeth?".  I told him yes.  He immediately folded and started crying and screaming.  He did this again when they called for him to go back to get his teeth cleaned.  Once he returned, he was fine.  No cavities!!!  Zoey's turn.  She cried too, but was easily distracted by the nurse.  She comes back out and was crying and crying and crying.  She had 4.. yes that is 4 cavities.  I then went for a consult with the dentist to discuss our options for fixing her teeth.  He told me that in some kids when their teeth come in they come in rough and have crevices that easily traps food and is hard to brush out.  Surprise, surprise one of my kids has to have that type of teeth.  He said that he, himself could come to our house and brush her teeth and she would still probably end up with a cavity.  So.... I had to make an appointment to get that fixed.  Can we say expensive!?!?! 

After the dentist we met my brother and nephew at the splash park and played for a little over an hour.  Jon Kent and Zoey had a blast.  Jon Wesley (nephew) wasn't too sure of it all.  There were a lot of kids there and Jon Kent was loving playing with them.  Funny story: I was picking Nathan up to go nurse him and had my back turned to the splash area.  My daddy was with the kids watching them and my brother was standing next to me.  He says, "Look at Jon Kent!".  So I turn around and wouldn't ya know it.. my son has his swim shorts around his ankles and he is peeing in the middle of the play area in the grass!!!  IN FRONT OF EVERYONE!  I yelled, "JON KENT!!!!!!!!!!!".  It was too late.  Boy was I embarrassed.

After the park we took the kids to McDonald's for lunch and then it was time to go home for a nap.  The kids didn't take long ones, which was surprising.  Usually they do.  So once they woke up we went to my daddy's house to let them play in the "little pool".  They had fun playing and Jon Wesley joined them this time so that was extra fun for them.

After that Kent, Jon Kent, Zoey, Nathan and myself all went out to eat.  It was my treat for Kent as part of his Father's Day present.  He already has gotten his "real" present.. a new cell phone.  Jon Kent talked Kent's ears off though the whole time.  You would have though he hadn't seen his daddy in a year.  It was cute though.  After supper we swung by Sonic for some ice cream and headed home. 

And that was my day.  A good busy day with just one bit of bad news.  Yall enjoy the pictures!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMGOSH That is funny.  My Nic did the same thing when we were at our Pizza joint (kind of like chuckie cheese) my niece says "CARRIE, look at NIc"  Here his pants are around his ankle! lOL  He was heading towards the potty room but for some reason he took his pants down BEFORE he got in there. Walking by everyone WHO IS EATING!  UGH!~ KIDS lol  I would hope the parents and people there would understand rather then get disgusted over it.  I think it's pretty funny lol.  I'm waiting for nic and his cousins to start having pee wars outdoors or something like that. hehe.   Sounds like you had a very interesting trip to the dentist...Nic apt is coming up :O  I'm not looking forward to it!  

Anonymous said...

I have to learn to look at your pics before I read your entry lol  I KNOW I have to open my big mouth about them! lol ANYWAY...LOVED the pics.  Your little nephew is adorable too :) LOVE that little smile he had and him laughing at John...too cute!  And Zoey swimming...that was special.  Oh I just wanna pick up that little baby and cuddle him!  What a cutie...can't wait to see what HE looks like when he's a toddler.  He will be a beautiful cutie pie too!  

Anonymous said...

That splash park looks so cool.  There's something like that here but it's fountains in the middle of an upscale outdoor mall...it's just weird to see kids in bathing suits in the 'middle of the mall'.  
I love the photos, especially of Zoey 'swimming' ..too cute!
LOL @ Jon Kent's bathroom break.  Boys are so creative ;)

Have a great weekend~
~Bernadette