Monday, June 2, 2008

my surgery update-typos and all

i'm still in the hossy.. at least for another two days. =(  my gallbladder was still pretty inflamed.  it's supposed to be the size of a hen's egg but it was the size of a grown man's fist.  my blood work showed an elevated bilirubin so a stone was more than likely stuck in my bile duct.  i had two large stones.. about the size of english peas and then he said my gallbladder was full of sand type stones.. smaller ones.  instead of 2 or 3 small incisions they had to do 4 and give me a drain.  so things didn't go so great.. =(  but we'll get there.  my milk supply is also going down but i'm going to get some herbs and get it back up hopefully but until then my parents are halfing all my pumped milk with formula because otherwise there wouldn't be enough milk for nathan since i'm having to pump and dump for the next two feedings.  i'm so afraid of drying up.  =(  i hope the herbs help and i start them in time (tomorrow)  right now i'm getting between 2-6 ounces when i pump.  so we'll see.  i should be able to go home wed.  well there's my update.  thanks for thinking and praying for me.  it's greatly appreciated.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Continued prayers. Keep in mind that pumping is of absolute NO indication of how much milk you're truly producing and that when you get home Nathan will have no problem getting your supply right back up to where it was. He may nurse more often and/or longer for a day or two, but he'll get you there. Eating oatmeal will help you as well with your supply and of course lots of water. There's mother's tea and other natural herbs, etc out there to help with your supply.

I hope you heal up well and with as little pain as possible.

Anonymous said...

Oh yuk...a drain!  You poor thing. That would not be cool.  I hope your not in to much pain!  I will be thinking and praying for you!  GET WELL SOON!  

Anonymous said...

I'm glad the surgery is over and done with and you're on your way to feeling much better :)

The herbal "Mother's Milk" tea is great.  I think part of it is also in our heads/hearts and I always found that the milk flowed more when he nursed than when I pumped.  

Rest up and take it easy!
~Bernadette

Anonymous said...

Em, ask your MD for reglan, you take it three times a day for ten days and it will increase your milk supply A LOT.
Praying you through,
~Erin