Monday, June 30, 2008

Good-bye June

I just cannot believe that half of the year is gone already.  It's weird because while I'm living it, it seems to go by so slowly (especially when a certain 2 month old won't nap for longer than 30 minutes..) but when you turn to look back on the year it seems to have flown by.  Does that make sense?  I'm probably not making sense..  anywhoooo...

The kids and I met a friend of mine and her two daughters today at the park.  It took awhile for the kids to warm up to each other and start playing but once they did, they seemed to have had a good time.  We stayed for about two hours.  Even with all that the kids didn't take a nap.  Tomorrow they are taking naps though... Mommy needs her quiet time. ;o)

Kent started his new work shift this past Sunday.  Not fun.  He gets up at 4:30ish and has to be at work at 5:30am.  He gets off at 2pm.  Which is nice but he has to go to bed earlier.. which isn't so great.  Because I'm usually not sleepy (tired, exhausted.. yes.. sleepy, no) at that time so I'm up alone.  Not to mention once the kids go to bed that's "our" time and that is cut short now.  But it's only for 3 months.. so we'll live.

Well, I guess that does it for now.  Happy almost July to all! :o)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The year is going by quickly and I don't want it to stop, but slowing down a little would be nice, especially when talking about my kids. Emma's almost 11 months old, I don't know how that is possible, she was JUST born it seems! Yet here she is.

Anonymous said...

OH a I hated it when hubby had those hours.  I wanted to watch a movie but he was sleeping :(   Oh and yes...I know what you mean by it going slow but yet the year is 1/2 over!  Weird!