Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I'm metal free.. YIPPEEEE!

I got my staples out today!  YAY!!  I feel somewhat normal again.  I'm still sore but no where near as much as I was when those foreign metal fangs were in my belly.  I was starting to get red and swollen around the staples and the doctor said it was just my body having a reaction to them.  Ya think!?!?  I'm just glad to have them out.  I went swimming this evening for the first time since Memorial Day which was the day I ended up in the ER.  It was nice to take a dip and not worry about anything.  The doctor said I was free to pick my old routines up but to gradually get back into full swing.  I look forward to getting back in the gym.  Goodness knows I haven't been "behaving" in the eating right and exercising department since this all happened.  I was in my self pity funk.. glad that is over.  I'm hoping come Thursday that the treadmill and I have reintroduced ourselves to one another.  Seriously.  So with that I finally get to close the gallbladder chapter in my book of life.  Woot!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay!  The pool must have felt great!  I'm happy for you!

Janis
http://journals.aol.com/janid731/fitbyforty

Anonymous said...

WOO HOO Good for you!  So did the removal of the staples hurt? I hear they do hurt when being removed but I never had them.