Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day

Kent got his present earlier in the week.  A new cell phone.  I had some other special things planned to do so that he would still get something on the actual day.  So I went and got him a T-shirt that just had "Dad" across the front of it.  It doesn't look cheesy, just casual and it was a really comfortable feeling shirt.  Also, the kids made him cards yesterday with their hand prints on them and Nathan had his feet prints on his card.  There is no way to get a 2 month old to spread his fingers out to get a hand print.. been there, done that and all I got was a blob.  Kent seemed to enjoy his present and cards.  The rest of the day was pretty normal.  Church, lunch at Granny's and then back to church.

Tomorrow Jon Kent and Nathan have doctor appointments.  Nathan is for his 2 month check-up (9 days late..) and Jon Kent is for a recheck of his staph(spelling?) infection that he picked up from only who knows where when I was sick with my gallbladder.  Thankfully it didn't spread and was pretty centrally located in one spot on his leg.  I'm glad we just realized what it was and was able to get it treated before it turned into something really, really serious.  Anywho, we have their appointments in the morning and Zoey is going to stay with Granny and Pops for the day.  After the doctor's we are going to go look at beds.  We are getting us a king size bed.  A queen just isn't cutting it with having 3 kids.  I want all my babies able to sleep with me if they *need to.  Meaning if they are sick or there is a storm or if it's just the morning and they all want to snuggle and watch cartoons.  I want them all to be able to lay comfortably with us in the same bed.  And right now we are really, really cramped.  So a new bed it is.  Yay!

Well, that it's for now.  I hope all the daddies out there had a good day and Happy Father's Day to my own Daddy!!!  Later!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Father's Day to Kent ..a little late.

A king bed sounds divine!

~Bernadette