Sunday, June 1, 2008

Let the countdown begin

I'm in the hospital while my whole family is at a picnic on the river. seem fair??  ;o)  Nah, they were all told to go and I've actually enjoyed my "completely, uninterrupted" time to surf the net, watch a movie ("PS: I Love You".. LOOOVED it) and sleep.  Well, I've enjoyed it as much as one can in some sort of pain and well.. in a hospital.  Anyway, they are at the lake with the church folks fishing and grilling, playing games, etc.  It had been planned for awhile and we were all looking forward to going.  I'm sure they are all having a good time.  I just hope the kids haven't fallen in the water.  But they probably have.. lol

Well, in about 6 hours I have orders to stop eating.  My surgery will be for first thing in the morning.  I'm thinking they will start prepping me around 5:30 in the morning and surgery will be around 7.  As of right now, I'm not nervous.  I am actually at peace.  I know everything will be fine and I have many, many prayers being sent on my behalf.  I just hope it all goes smoothly and my recovery can get started and we can put this all behind us.  I'm looking forward to being recovered and able to get back into my routines and get the kids out and playing.  Oh and getting back in the gym.  I can't wait.  I just feel like my life has been stopped over the last week or so.  I'm ready to get it restarted again.  Really ready.

Well, my pain meds are kicking in.  I'm off to snooze until the family returns.  I'll update on the surgery when I can.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had my gall bladder removed when Jacob, my now 7 yr old was only 4 weeks old. I started having gall bladder attacks when I was 7 or 8 months pg with him. I would have sworn he had turned sideways in me and was stretching and stuck. It was the absolute BEST surgery ever, well other than my c-sections since I got beautiful babies from those, but the gb surgery I got the horrible pain gone. I had been admitted at one point during my pregnancy for an attack, but thankfully they gave me meds and I was on a STRICT 5 grams of fat or LESS a day diet that got me through until I had him and was able to have surgery.

It was a fairly quick and to me easy surgery. There was the usual pain and discomfort since it is surgery, but it was well worth it. I did 1 or 2 sessions of pumping and dumping while at the hospital in recovery, but was told it was not necessary past one feeding.

Praying all goes smoothly with the surgery.

God Bless
Christy

Anonymous said...

hope you are out of pain soon!


Sharon

Anonymous said...

Glad your enjoying some peaceful times before you have the surgery!  Glad I came to check your posts today so I could wish you well and send prayers your way :)  Take care and I will be back tomorrow to see how things went.  Enjoy your off time too while you can.  Get a lot of sleep!  Oh and we just watched P.S. I love you!  OH TALK ABOUT CRY THROUGH A WHOLE MOVIE!  Good lord!  could they have made it any more sad~! LOL