Saturday, June 7, 2008

Overall Update

I want to start with probably the last entry for Zoey's potty training updates.  She is fully trained.  Has been since before I went into the hospital.  She is wearing real girl panties now and pull-ups to sleep in.  Night/nap time dryness will come with time.  We're in no rush there.  I'm just so thrilled with her progress.  Once she got it, she got it.  So 2 down and 1 to go. ;o)

Today Nathan turned 2 months old.  TWO MONTHS!  Time is starting to pick up now.  Summer will just make it go even faster.  Happy 2 months to my favorite littlest man!

My staples itch.  I guess they are "healing" but they itch.  By the way, I got 13 staples and like 2-3 stitches (they held the glorious drain in for 2 wonderful <sarcasm> days).  I'll be glad when they are all out.  They all look so foreign to me.  *sigh*  I hate surgery.

We got a bill the other day for my ER visit that resulted in us knowing about my rebellious gallbladder.  And to put it in perspective.. To have Nathan the hospital filed for a little over $11,000.  That was for everything from April 7th-9th.  My ER visit for SIX hours was a little over $10,000.  Can we say EXPENSIVE????  Who knows how much my hospital stay will end up being.  Goodness.  Good thing we have insurance.

Grr, my staples still itch...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The kiddos are darling. Ouch on the surgery. I'm not a big hospital person, but sounded like it was an emergency for ya. Your son only cost $11,000. When my daughter had my grandson he was a $25,000 baby, but they were in the hospital for a week. I told her she was having a baby NOT a vacation LOL. Glad you're healing. Hope you have a great weekend. Hummm I'm not sure who sent me to your journal, but I'm sure it was one of my gals.
Take care, Chrissie

Anonymous said...

Oh I figured it out it was CARRIE. Well and I know Tracie too, but haven't read her in a long time.

Anonymous said...

OH YEAH!  potty training is DONE!  Well, almost anyhow!  Boy she was pretty fast :)  Ouch, you got staples? UGH!  So do you have to get them removed?  LOL I have no clue how staples work.  *Waving at Chrissy below* Glad she came to check out your journal

Anonymous said...

That's awesome that Zoey has picked up potty training :)

Yikes on the hospital bill!  I guess most of the labor and delivery is done by us! ;)

I hope you're feeling better~
~Bernadette