Saturday, December 31, 2005

2005 in Review

Wow!  Another year has come and gone.  I can not believe that today is the last day of 2005.  SO much has happened over the year!

Jon Kent has grown from an infant into a baby.  He has 8 teeth with more just waiting to pop out.  He weighs 25 pounds and is 31 inches long.  He eats "big boy" food, only takes one bottle now, can say certain words, and has found his own personality.  He also went from being the only child to being a big brother.

During this year, we found out we would be expecting another baby.  We were shocked, scared, and overwhelmed with the idea of having two kids under the age of one.  We found out that the little surprise would be a girl.  Which I was thrilled about because it meant that if we wanted it to be, that our family was complete.

Zoey was born on December 2, 2005 at 7:07am.  She weighed 6lbs and 13ozs.  She was 21 inches long.  Since her birth she has gained almost 2 pounds.  She has started to be a bit more alert and she has her periods of staying awake longer.  She sleeps fairly well at night and is content as long as you are holding her or she is in a place where she "thinks" she is being held.  Zoey has, for now, completed our family.

I don't know what 2006 holds for my life.  But I do know that as long as I have my family and friends to support me, that I can handle anything.  Well, another positive pregnancy test might do me in, but other than that I can handle anything.

Some of my New Year's resolutions are:

1) Losing weight.  I want to get down to where I was before I had Jon Kent.

2) To enjoy the moment at hand and not worry so much about the what if's of life.

3) To talk more with my family and get closer to them.

4) To feel accomplished as a mother and wife.  And not let what society thinks blur what I know in my heart is right.

5) To NOT get pregnant!

Well, good-bye 2005.  It was quite an eventful year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy new year!!

hugs
Dana