Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Tuesday

Only 12 shopping days left until Christmas!  In a lot of ways, time has really flown by.  It doesn't seem like it's almost the middle of December.  At the same time, it seems like time has just stood still.  Zoey is 11 days old and seems to be growing like a weed.  I can't wait to take her to the doctor Thursday and see how much she has gained on "momma's milk".  That was something that I was always proud of when we would take Jon Kent to the doctor.  They would say, "Oh, he gained so many ounces, whatever he is eating is agreeing with him."  I would secretly beam inside, because it was all me...lol.  That was until his reflux kicked in and it all went down hill from there, but I digress.  Zoey so far, seems to be taking her food in and keeping it in.  She has some spit ups from time to time, some larger than others.  But I think that is just when she has been a hog and has tried to eat too quickly or too much.  She's a really good baby though.  Her and her brother's personalities thus far are pretty different.  She seems more laid back.  Only crying when she is hungry or wants to be held.  She sleeps pretty good as well.  Some nights, I wake up before she does because I am so "full of milk" that it hurts.  So I end up waking her up.  One night she went almost 6 hours!  But mostly, she will wake up about every 3 hours.  Which is pretty normal for a newborn.  And since she sleeps with us, I just roll over and we go back to sleep.  During the day, I would say is a little bit harder.  Just because she doesn't like to just lay in her bed.  She has to be held or something.  Even if you put her to sleep, she will wake up about 15 minutes after being laid down.  Kind of frustrating, but I know this too shall pass eventually. 

I have a lot to do today.  Or really, if I am being honest, I have a lot to do because I haven't mustard up the want to do it already.  Like clean my house for example.  It's really starting to look bad.  Toys every where, leaves that were tracked in from outside, little crumbs from who knows where in the carpet, dust all over the place, things just scattered and not really put up, etc.  It's driving me crazy.  No one else seems to notice.  And at the moment,I am just trying to figure out a routine or schedule that will fit in our lives.  Which is hard to do with a newborn.  But I guess it will get figured out.

Well, I better go.  Zoey has a dirty diaper and these clothes aren't going to fold themselves...although it would be nice if they would.  Later!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Emily
I highly recommend getting a sling or a maya wrap. Lots of WAHM make them, and they're awesome! Well worth the money and truly gives you a break, she's still being "held" but your arms are getting a break and you're able to do a lot of other things with the comfort of her next to you! Plus when you go out, you can nurse her discreetly while in the wrap or sling!

Email me if you would like some websites for different ones

Christy http://journals.aol.com/my3gifts/TalesfromtheFrontandtheonesleftB/